1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin expected to expand gun owner rights

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenns, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glenns

glenns Member

Jun 14, 2009
    MILWAUKEE | Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:18am EST
    (Reuters) - Wisconsin, one of two states in the nation that prohibits citizens from carrying a concealed weapon, is expected to reverse this law during the upcoming state legislative session, according to a local newspaper.
    Only Illinois and Wisconsin forbid carrying concealed weapons. A Republican was elected governor and Republicans won majorities in both houses of the Wisconsin legislature in November, bringing many more supporters of gun rights to the state government.
    "You're going to see a concealed carry bill pass the Legislature, I have no doubt," Chris Danou, a Democratic legislator from Trempealeau, Wisconsin, told the LaCrosse Tribune newspaper. "The question is what kind of bill it's going to be."

Welcome to the concealed carry world Wisconsin. My daughter lives in Milwaukee and I'd like her to be able to protect herself.
  2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    A gentleman and scholar, Chuck Michel, who knows how to do it right, is suing the San Diego County Sheriff for unconstitutional implementation of California's concealed carry law. The sheriff has already tried to have the suit dismissed and a judge said nice try but no cigar. It is alleged that people who join some sheriff's organization have no problems obtaining one.
  3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Apr 1, 2008
    I hope Wisconsin gets CCW. Then, we in Illinois will have the dubious distinction of being the only state without a permitting process. May as well be the lone holdout -the state has been run into the ground by Democrats for over 50 years, we're nearly bankrupt, hiking income taxes nearly 70% while continuing to grow spending, our debt is nearly at junk status, our public schools generally suck etc. etc. May consider moving back to W PA.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL
    Go Steelers !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.