1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Clubs Hall of shame

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by midalake, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Wisconsin clubs in the hall of shame

I know there are many different types of clubs and ownership. However these clubs find their way on the hall of shame list due to their program. I also personally HATE any club program that has an ATA event and has “targets only” I hope you know why.

Janesville Conservation Club, Doubles “targets only” on three of their ATA dates, Sauk Prairie trap club, An ENTIRE “targets only” on a Zone warm-up day!!!! Brown County for having “targets only” on two of their ATA events, Cudahy Sportsman club [my home club where I learned to shoot] the HIGHEST ATA fees in state $30 per 100 for a silver buckle in 4 classes A-D……what a shame……, Boxhorn for having $24 targets and a separate $3 trophy fee…..equates to ATA “targets only” Boxhorn does have some fine special events though. Muscoda sportsman club for having [ Targets only”] Doubles at all of their ATA events. Cassville Conservation Club for having [“Targets only”] on their two ATA dates.

It should be noted that there may be other clubs that are on this list but their program was NOT included in the Wisconsin state shoot calendar.

GS

2. midalake

Note the Brown County dates are for doubles only........

GS

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I hate to ask but what is wrong with targets only? You hope I know but I don't. I personally shoot for relaxation and shoot only against myself (OK maybe I shoot against the wife occasionally when I want to be humbled). I feel no need to win trophies or accolades. I like targets only because I get the same targets for less money and have no need to complain about the crummy trophies as recently seen here. I enjoy every target and the cheaper ones, I like a little more. If I have to pay higher prices at a shoot I want to attend to pay for trophies, that's fine, even though I have no hope, expectation or desire for any more trophies. Trophies or not I expect to have fun and go home empty handed and it suits me just fine. I've only been shooting registered for 20 years and feel a little stupid because I don't know what "I hope you know why" means. I suspect that if Hudson Rod and Gun had targets only shoots, they might still be having shoots. And I think that would be good for the sport, good for the WTA and anytime there are targets in the air it has to be good for shooters.

Confused.

Bob

4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

We have a couple clubs here in central TX that do targets only, and I rather like it. We think of it as registered practice. The targets are less expensive, yet you still have a competitive frame of mind because the scores will be registered. Now don't get me wrong... I'm still new enough that I love getting trophies, and I'm still anxiously awaiting my first buckle. But targets only are not a bad thing.

5. midalake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.