1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Clubs Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by midalake, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Wisconsin hall of fame clubs

This is an overview of who in the state of Wisconsin has a fair price for targets as to a return for shooters money. Notes: This information is from the club handouts from the Wisconsin state shoot calendar. This info does NOT include “special shoots” it just covers their regular ATA schedule.

KUDOS to these clubs as having the best overall cost and payback to shooters. The “others” are not even close or do not know how to write a shoot program. For example I have MANY clubs programs that list “targets and trophies” But FAIL to mention ANYTHING about what is returned to shooters.

Lakeview $20 targets and $5 returned in cash prizes per shooter, Portage $18 targets unknown cash prizes but are included on target price alone[let us know your cash prizes] Heart of Wisconsin $20 targets $710 payout. North Bristol, $22 targets $1000, and $950 payout, Stoughton conservation club $21 targets $3 returned each shooter. Brown County $22 targets $760 min return on 16yd and Handicap….However SHAME ON YOU for throwing practice {“targets only”} Doubles.

Other clubs may have great ATA programs However that message is not getting to your shooters…………

GS

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

portage from what i remember last yr lowered the prices to 18 with no payout but you can play lewis and whatnot which is fine with me keep it cheap even if they do give money back at a club its usually not half of what you spent ill take cheap targets

3. Adjustment Boy

Adjustment Boy TS Member

Price is important, but atmosphere, customer service, way shoot is run are also important. I'd rather pay a buck or two more to have a good time for the day than get cheap prices, crappy targets and a waste of a day.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

In this era of economic uncertainty, and with gas prices, ammo, and all the other intrinsic costs of shooting, it is entirely possible for a club to price itself out of the market.

If you can't pay the buck or two (probably more like 6 or 8) and the cheaper price has bad product, then you can go play ball at the park for nothing. I agree in principle with paying a buck or 2 more for quality, but where is the line?

Skeet in Wisconsin has priced itself out of the market. Someone has to wake up instead of giving the whole thing to rich doctors and AA shooters.

Trap is on the verge of the same happening.

We are promised 4 dollar gas by the holiday. How far can you go now in your 15 MPG pickup? And what part of your recrational dollar covers increased ammo and meals, etc.

"Targets only" may keep a few guys in it who would quit otherwise. Fox Valley's marathons havee gotten lots of guys their targets who otherwise may not have gone to State.

Slamming a club that does it is selfish and shortsighted, and not in the best interest of the sport. There is a place for everybody.

If you don't like it go somewhere else.

HM

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.