1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin Bus Driver makes $159,000 per year!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Luckyman, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Once again are you F-N kidding me! I'm glad that these high salaries and overtime will attract the best and brightest to be bus drivers!!! Nothing against bus drivers but really!!!! And people still can't understand that collective bargaining = bad deals for the taxpayers and state budgets upside down!!!!

The highest-paid municipal employee in Madison, Wis., is bus driver John E. Nelson, whose salary last year totaled more than $159,000. Half a dozen of his fellow drivers also earned in six figures. How is this possible? The Wisconsin State Journal explains: “A high base salary and other benefits for drivers were largely set in the 1970s and 1980s, when the city took over the bus com***pany.” Combine that with generous, federally mandated leave provisions that make for lots of overtime, and it’s not unusual for a bus driver to out-earn the mayor (and with much better job security). In the 1950s, Ralph Kramden of The Honeymooners was paid $62 a week by the skinflints at the Gotham Bus Com***pany; he was constantly hatching schemes to strike it rich so he could quit. Today Kramden’s dreams of avarice would have been a lot simpler: get a government job and join a union.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So he is supposed to work overtime for free! lol

Here you go. He only make around $50,00 a year normally. Is that your HIGH BASE SALARY. LOL About $100,000 was in overtime. I presume you want him to work overtime for free.

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

$159,000 per year for a Bus Driver!!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F-N MIND...EVEN WITH OVERTIME!!!

OH YEAH YOUR A LIBERAL...OF COURSE YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND!!! THE HUFFINGTON POST!!! REALLY!!!!

4. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

ABOUT $100,000 IS IN OVERTIME! LOL!!! THE FACT A BUS DRIVER CAN EVEN EARN TWICE HIS SALARY IN OVERTIME IS OUTRAGOUS!!!! AND YOU WONDER WHY STATE BUDGETS ARE UNDER WATER! WHEN ARE YOU F-N LIBERALS GOING TO LEARN BASIC MATH????

5. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

He drives a bus in Wisconsin...not Baghdad. Maybe your doctor should be driving a bus rather than trying to keep you alive.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Luckyman, your shouting in caps makes you look like a boorish cretin.

If the bus company mismanages they have to pay overtime. In that case they should be held responsible by someone.

I sure won't piss on the bus driver for that one.

I would guess the Transit Authority has incompetence in their ranks. Madison City government should be aware of this when setting next year's budget.

Overtime is supposed to be for covering unplanned expense.

HM

7. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

WHATEVER YOUR OPINION IS OF ME WRITTING IN CAPS IS NOT RELATIVE TO ME HALFMILE.......

IF THIS KIND OF CRAP DOES NOT WANT TO MAKE YOU WRITE IN CAPS YOU BETTER CHECK YOUR PULSE!!!

8. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Likes, forget the overtime...

Fifty grand a year base salary for driving a friggin' bus???

How much more evidence do we need to see before it becomes apparent that public unions need to be abolished??? How do you think the average public sector employee feels about bus drivers making this kind of money? Not to mention the health and pension benefits.

What planet are you really from???

9. likes-to-shoot

You should be thrown off this site for your vulgar language!!!!! Is this how you act in public?

10. logsdon

logsdon TS Member

REALLY??? If they wanna cut, why dont THEY take a pay cut too???

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

There is no way the bus driver could have milked the system for overtime could he? When a public service employee in the state of Wisconsin can bill the state if they take one phone call after working hours for a half hour of overtime you don't think a system like this breeds corruption?

12. likes-to-shoot

$50,000 a year isn't very much when you live in a larger city.

What would you suggest they make???

I've never said I agree with the public sector unions but some of the wages these guys make arn't out of line.

13. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Hey likes-to-shoot..What are you doing on this site in the first place????

YOUR A LIBERAL...ONCE AGAIN WWW.MOVEON.ORG...GO NOW!! Everyone is waiting for you!!!

14. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

You mean $159,000 don't you???

15. likes-to-shoot

Luckyman

Does your Grandma know you sneeked out from under her skirt?????????

Typical IDIOT you are, you can't hold a conversation without name calling or yelling. LOL

Now If you would like to remove me from this site all I have to say is , COME ON.

16. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Hey likes, trust me, I can be much worse in person when I'm angry. Vulgar? LOL

It's better than being lost in space somewhere.

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Once again an example of over paid public employees, at what point does Common Sense come in to play? I'm not sure that this all falls on the unions and the union workers. Both sides are generally present at the bargining table. What part of this huge salary falls on the adminstartors shoulders. No question a bus driver shouldn't make that kind of money but the people empowerd to run the system shouldn't allow it to happen. If he's working that much over time then public safety becomes an issue aside from his income.

18. likes-to-shoot

Hawk........that post was for Luckyman, Go back and reread the posts and try to comprehend whats been said.

19. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

likes-to-shoot you need to change your name likes-to-be a moron!!!

WWW.MOVEON.ORG....GO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH PEOPLE OF YOUR KIND!!! People that are lost in space!!! LOL!!!

20. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I'd rather pay a bus driver $159,000 a year for his service, than pay a politician the same amount for his! I bet if you did the calculation the politician is ripping us off a lot more than the bus driver. I think tax payer dollars also pay their salary too. So let me get this straight the problem Wisconsin is having is all the unions fault and workers getting paid too much. So eliminating their ability to bargain pay and benefits is the answer? What am I missing, haven't the unions been around for a long time? So the problems we a now just seeing is all their fault. Maybe if our politicians would do more to get people back to work then they could balance their budget. I wonder how much money the Wisconsin state politicians are making, maybe we could balance the budget by cutting them back. How come health benefits and pensions for workers are bad but our politicians have both. Not just any health care either but the best! Here is a novel idea let's put them on our Social Security and health care and see how long it takes for them to fix it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.