1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisconsin 2013 State Shoot #2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by washandwear, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Entered a discussion today regarding WI state shoot and the Rome alternative; a telephonic state shoot possibility. We agreed that the potential weather difference could make for an unfair playing field. A solution to this valid issue would be to hold a preliminary at 3 - 5 clubs across the state and take the top 5 or whatever shooters/scores in each class, ydg group, etc. and then hold a final shoot with state champs for each class champion/ydg grp and champion/and etc from those winners/runnerups at one site. A 6 trap club can handle 250 shooters one event/10 hr day. You could limit non-resident by presquad only scenario if you would need to. Needs a lot more thought but - just my thoughts

W&W

2. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

Well gentlemen and gentlewomen of Wisconsin, my wife and I have planned on driving from Sun City, Texas to Rome, Wisconsin for your state shoot. After all the discussion, bickering, etc. we are having doubts about where this shoot will be finally conducted. When I secured an RV parking spot, no mention was made as to the uncertainty of the new home grounds. We have decided that if the shoot is not held in Rome, we will be asking for a camping refund and wishing Wisconsin all the best.

Hopefully, all of the issues will be resolved and the WTA can move on with the endeavor behind them, and all those with differing ideas will become part of the resolution!

Best of luck!

Ron & Jane Schroer

Sun City, TX

3. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

I don't know who tried to shut me down, but I have let David know EXACTLY who I am. He has reactivated this sign on name.

For those who think they know who I am, I highly doubt it. You probably won't believe it one way or another. Yes you are probably right I should divulge the person behind the sign on name, but there is too much water over the dam. Just think of the treatment some of you have given my cousin and others who have written less obnoxious prose than I have. Yes, life is about choices and I'll have to live with mine.

I'll try to be less divisive and not as antagonizing in the future. However I do not promise to agree with you and others.

For the future, to make sure that there is no mistake, I'll sign my posts with DB.

I'm deleting some of these posts that were not as friendly to a person as I should have been.

DB

4. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Ron and Jane, we supporters of trapshooting in Wisconsin are suppose to get updated info on Tuesday from our BOD. We are hoping the news will be positive and moving. Good luck to you both.

Rick Brohmer

5. ralphgries

ralphgries TS Member

Hey jdhog.......good to see you're still out there. Sort of lingering on the sidelines watching the freak show, eh? Me, too. It's like watching that cargo jet falling out of the sky video on youtube. Horrific, but sooo fascinating that you simply can't turn your eyes away.

What a load of crap, huh? And, it just keeps getting better and better.

Imagine, can you, the great recognition Wisconsin trapshooting reaps because....wait for it.....wait for it....THE WHOLE WORLD IS WATCHING!!!!....or laughing. This whole thing runs a close second to the Florida Chad fiasco.

ralphgries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.