1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wisc Chat site

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by illusion, Jul 28, 2013.

1. illusion

illusion TS Member

A number of members were going to bring up the subject of a chat site on the WTA site at the State Shoot but were unable to, there was no open discussion allowed, they would like a chat site on the WTA site just were members could interact with each other and not get called on the carpet because some heat may accure and not be scrutinize by the BOD. if the web site is funded by the WTA fees that are collected, then why do the members not have every right to have there own chat site?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

The majority of members will get what they ask for.

3. jdhog

jdhog Member

I,d like to see this happen also , maybe the boys could all get along on there own site and not dirty up another site , just my 2 cents guys .let all try to get along and move on ,build up your New home grounds .
    jdhog

4. petey

petey Member

I also would like to see the chat site return and I know a lot of other WTA members would also. I was going to bring it up at the annual meeting but forgot. what do we have to do to bring it back?

Pete Rustad

5. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

It was a good way to announce any upcoming shoots at a Club, registered or non-registered. Since one had to use a real name to access the site, it certainly was not as anonymous as this one is.

I too would like to see it return.

Tim

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

STUFF is going to come up......

Get it off TS......

GS

7. illusion

illusion TS Member

Well if the WTA is paying for there site with Fees collected from the members, then they have to fund the membership site with same moneys!

All we need is someone to run it and collect money from the treasurer for cost of OUR SITE.....what ever it cost them per month is what should be supply to the members site.

8. Ricky Hoppe

Ricky Hoppe Member

Man when I read this, my beer went through my nose! Taint NO WAY they'll bring it back. Hilarious thought!

9. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

10. illusion

illusion TS Member

11. jdhog

jdhog Member

12. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

All above comments are correct. It should be back. We all know it will never be back. Somewhere along the line, some Directors decided that legitimate questions about a huge project that will have lasting ramifications on the WTA are negative, and therefore have no place on the website.

I guess airing our dirty laundry in front of the whole world is a much more productive way to handle it.

Very sad.

13. mike31z

mike31z Member

I don't have the authotity to turn on a WTA bulletin board fourm(BB), but the ability to turn it on.
    I do have the following questions?

1. Who would monitor the BB once turned on?
    2. What would be the rules for the BB?
    3. Who should be a able to delete a Thread because of? Please list the reasons?
    4. What are/is the forum user information needed to access the BB?

These are just a few questions I would need answered before I would even consider turning on a BB once approved.

IMHO all you people who think there is a need for BB please submit your answers to these question to you Zone Director.

Mike P

14. illusion

illusion TS Member

Thanks for responding Mike P, would you please inform us how the WTA site is funded and cost?

I would like to know whether the Membership would want to be attached to the WTA site or have there own? The BOD was unable to take good advice from members and turn it into criticism and soon it exploded and was shut down.