1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wiring diagram for automate?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

Does anyone have the wiring diagram (schematic) for the MEC automate that they could email to me? MEC will not give you one and they do not put it in the manual. Thanks in advance.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I have a parts list for the AutoMate II but no diagram. Sorry, Jake

3. superump

superump TS Member

Jake, Is your parts list for whats inside the automate or just the parts that the MEC manual has in it? Someone has to have or has made their own wiring diagram of whats inside the automate and how it's wired. Thanks

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

May not be as easy to find as you think. Companies are not always keen on making idea theft easy. There may be parts they consider trade secrets. Not saying someone didn't make their own diagram but that's something MEC ain't gonna help with. Good luck though. Can i ask what your look'n to do?

Matt

5. superump

superump TS Member

I know OSHA is going to be screaming but my son is an electrician and with a diagram he can wire in a foot pedal and still keep the two buttons functional. Also just would like to have it so if I had a problem my son could fix it instead of sending it back to MEC. MEC has it so them and only them can work on it or fix it.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thats how MEC likes it i imagine. Seems a foot petal addition would be quite simple for any with medocre electrical skills. Your son should be able to trace it out quite easily. I say this not having tackled the job myself but i'm pretty decent in that area. May be worse than i think.

Matt

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Superump sent you a PM. Jake

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have an original Automate manual in PDF format somewhere on one of my systems here at the shop.

Jim Benn sent it to me when we were designing the Automate for the P/W and Spolar machines. It may not have the wiring schematic, however.

Regarding OSHA, they could care less about the foot switch wiring in a personal situation. I was a USDOL Certified OSHA inspector many years ago for the company I worked for in Houston; Brown & Root. In fact, the first set of OSHA regulations were the actual B&R safety regulations that were adopted by the DOL.

OSHA is not going to come into your house to inspect a foot switch.

Whiz

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

The foot switch is about the lawyers wanting to get their paws on a law suite. The adaption should be fairly streight forward with the proper switch I would suggest a DPDT momentary and hope that the wiring in the automate has not been potted. I havent been inside mine but don't think that they would go to that much trouble keeping in mind that they mnay have to someday make repairs.
    Good luck with your project. I would think that the two switches have been wired in series, and that by putting a sw using te wire into the 1st sw and wire out of the last sw it could be made to work.

BOb

10. superump

superump TS Member

The OSHA thing was a joke - (I don't care who you are - that's funny - get er done) ha ha ha ha - evidently not very funny though. A lot of guys on different discussion and threads have talked about automate vs. hydraulic with a lot of people liking the hydraulic because of the foot pedal (including me)with others screaming about safety first - safety safety safety thats where the OSHA joke came in - I was sure someone would preach safety to me. Untill I can figure out how to make a foot pedal work I will stay with my hydraulic foot pedal, Sincerely, 4 fingers

11. superump

superump TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec auto mate wiring diagram