1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless V/R "no target" Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Wireless V/R

Dickotto, I have seen some people have that problem with the wired and wireless VRs. It's usually from standing too close and or blocking the mike with the arm or other body part, IE their large belly. They seem to work best when positioned more in front. so that with the gun mounted you can simply glance down and see into the mike cone.

By far the biggest problem I've seen is shooters that call too fast, Not giving the trap time to reset.

Short quick calls can be a problem. Calls that start out very soft and end hard usually get a slow pull.

Jim

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Wireless V/R

Right in front of me works bes in my experience. The circuitry recognizes one mic having more input than the rest and throws the target.

Sound from your mouth radiates outward to the mic. If the sound is muffled or maked by gun, arm, whatever a no target is likely.

A slow target is usually a defective mic, and the next door mic picks you up, hence the delay.

HM

3. smp005

smp005 Member

Wireless V/R

Leo had me change to putting the speaker on my gun mount side - I was surprised how much better it worked!

4. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

Wireless V/R

Jim 101 make a VERY IMPORTANT POINT. The voice releases timeout for 2 seconds (I think) after a release. This was done for the old handsets, so that the machine did not fire while the trapper was placing a new target on the machine. I have noticed this occuring more often on a fast squad.

Gene

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Wireless V/R

dickotto-having diagnosed these systems more times than I care to remember, maybe when you moved the mike over to the right you moved the connection and it began to have a better contact. Sometimes when the cords are wrapped using the little "hooks" on the stands it places too much tension on the wires causing them to fail prematurely. We now loop the wires into larger/more loose wraps. Much less problems now.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.