1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless router?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I switched cable and internet providers recently. Now my AT*T DSL wireless router won't with their system. Their router is not wireless. Now I can rent one from them for an extra $6 a month so I can use my laptop and tablet. It would have been nice if they told me that upfront before I switched. I wouldn't have even thought it wouldn't be wireless in this day and age.

Anyway I guess I will run down to either Best Buy, one of the big box office supply stores, or Wally World tonight and pick one up. I was just looking at em online - there must be 50 choices or more.

Anybody got any recomendations?

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bisi- I got one at Best Buy about 6 weeks ago. It is a Netgear N900. A little spendy, and I don't remember how much. It does a great job in our home, and we have a large house, with thick walls. Good Luck. Charlie

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I just replaced one.The cable guy told me buy one in the mid price range if all yur going to do is use it at home with less the 6 items. Cheap is what you get and the more expensive ones are a waste of money.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Bisi, I'm using my AT&T U-verse wireless right now, have ben for the last 4 years. Can't believe you don't have it you need to call for U-Verse service

5. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I have a Netgear ( don't remember the number ). It works fine. I got it from AT&T. They just added the cost to the monthly bill. I have two items hooked to it. Directv, and Magic Jack.

6. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Netgear N300 about 40 bucks at walmart. works fine

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

40-50 dollar one is all you need. Best buy, Walmart etc

8. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I was hoping to get one that I can add too.Easily, Forget the password on current unit. Need new unit myself.

Joe Woods/Ontario

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Thanks guys. I'll probably see what Wally World has tomorrow.

Joe, a year or so ago my Sister came by the house with her new Ipad. She wanted to show me how it worked so I got my wireless password out of the desk so she could show me how it worked on the net. Well I forgot to put it back in the desk so I lost it. Well a few months ago I got a Kindle, and I needed the password to put in it so I could get on my WiFi. Since I lost the password, I thought I might have to buy a new router then. Anyway I did a search on youtube and a kid had a video on how to find your lost router password or to change it. It took about a minute and a half to find my password using his instructions!!!

Can't remember the exact wording I used to find his video, but if you can find it that will save you from having to buy a new one.

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Some routers have the pass word om the bottom of the base. Worth a look under to see. Ray

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Netgear N300. $40. I bought it as a temporary fix because it was cheap while I was transitioning between residences. It works so well I never bothered upgrade to a "better" one.

12. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

i did the exact same thing as you. My internet provider did an upgrade[love that word] about 2 years in and made my router obsolete. If you buy one from them at their price you can maybe avoid this situation. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.