1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless Printers or The Standard Types?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeeljc, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a wireless HP inkjet. It takes too long for my wireless laptop to acquire the printer. I hard wired the printer to the DSL modem (CAT5). Now the printer is readily available. Make sure the printer is "network capable".

I agree, buy a dedicated printer, not a printer/fax/copier.

Jim Skeel

2. rob 15

rob 15 TS Member

Just bought a wireless printer friday. I love it. Prints immediately from my couch. Bought a Lexmark printer, copier, scanner.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If you only have one computer and work in the same room as the printer, a simple USB wired unit will do the job nicely. If you have more than one computer on the network, a wired Network printer or multifunction is hard to beat. Laser printers generally cost less per print, but cost more to purchase in the first place. They will eventually pay off, but not until after a lot of printing. I don't care for wireless printers or wireless networks for many reasons.

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I have a 695 and a couple of 895s if you want to replace it with the same. Has same features though.

Have a couple of newer ones that came with computers but not sure what they are. They are multi function. One would not work with Vista.

I still use an old BJC-250, from around 1994 but not put into use until around 1999, and like it so well I bought 4 more off Ebay, a lifetime supply. It is real narrow and fits in my desk space. I also refill the small 13 ml cartridge myself.

Make sure yours will be compatable with Vista in case you ever have to go with it.Ray

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Admiral Art, you say to always get a printer that feeds from the bottom.

Why so?

My self, I like the ones that feed from the top/back.

Hauxfan!

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.