1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wireless or wired voice callers??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BLACK ICE, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE TS Member

0   0   0

our club is going to buy a new set and just want to see if anyone has wireless and can tell me if they work good or what brand to look at. what is the best out there ?? and where to get the best deal?? thx Scott

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Wireless are the way to go. We have both and the wireless are much easier to deal with. Jake

3. jackw

jackw Member

0   0   0

Our small club has had Canterbury voice releases for over 2 years. Only maintenance is changing the batteries twice a year. Wired releases are a maintenance nightmare to keep working. good luck with your decision.

4. cle

cle Member

0   0   0

Our Club has run "Outers" brand wireless VR on 6 fields for 7-8 years with only minor (nuisance) issues. We use them only for Registered events.

CHANGE ALL BATTERIES EVERY YEAR. Outers may be "Champion" brand now, part of the ATK (Alliant) group. Check with Jim Printz, Rhodeside, Inc., Piqua, OH, 937 773-5781.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you are going to get wireless-go ERAD---no speakers at all-the shooter clips on a credit card size device to his or her lapel or uses a safety pin--they are great---the NC state shoot uses them and most of the clubs in NC that throw registered targets use them--in my honest opinion everything else is stone age compared to ERAD--now all you guys who love manhandling speakers in handicap chime in--it makes the shoot run so much smoother, auto-loaders don't trip them & big mouths on adjacent fields don't trip them.

Phil Berkowitz

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The new Clark COunty Shooting Park in Las vegas put in new Canterbury Wireless callers on all 24 trap firelds and they work excellent. Last night at league we had 36 teams shooting and not one break down or slow pull. Minimal problems on our monthly ATA shoots also.

7. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

0   0   0

Another vote for Erad's...by far the best.

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

As one of the guys that had to maintain our CVR wired setup I can highly recommend the wireless CVR units. The wires and associated connectors are the most often damaged or broken items and maintaining them when they are in general use can be a real time consuming project. With the wireless 95% of the time the most that gets screwed up is that they get left on so the batteries need to be replaced. One of the other clubs that I belong to has taken the action of only allowing the use of their wired units for registered shoots and league with set up and take down by specified members to help cut down on the maintenance needed to keep them up.

GO WIRELESS

--- Chip King ---

9. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

0   0   0

I remember when wireless (CVR) came out and it was not good. We have the wired units,They do require maintenance. I actually rewired every set,Using 18 gauge vacuum cleaner cord, bypassing the resistor. also had the boxes converted to instant release. We don't have near the trouble we used to,However If I had it to do over I would probably not have by passed the resistors. They are extremely sensitive now, But a "Glad" sandwich bag over the speaker calms them down. Our "big Guns" wanted quick release and they got it!! LOL

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.