1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless Calls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by , Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B²

I'm looking for the best place to purchase a wireless voice call system. We will be selling our standard set that is in excellent condition. I've been told that there is a call repair shop in Arkansas and that the fellow is very good. Does anyone know who this might be?

Thanks much.
    Blair Brimmer
    Crooked Creek Conservation Club

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Give Bob Shultz a call, He'll treat you right. He's an advertiser as well as a frequent poster here.

Jim

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Gary Parker at Bob Schultz is very up on Canturberry (Sp) . You won't go wrong for using them. Jake

4. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Bob Schultz & Gary Parker at Target Shotguns in Hendersonville, NC are two very excellent people to deal with. Canterbury Wireless Voice Release is probably the best way for you to go. Their prices are great, but really the best starts with their service. They get it right because they care about their reputation, and you have to earn that every day. My 2 cents.

Jon Reitz

5. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

Call Bryan Pierce at 608-617-6631. He will take great care of you and his prices are competitive. His customer service is second to none.

Thanks,
    Dan

6. razor

razor TS Member

we second what bdtrapshooter said brian pierce give him a call

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the best wireless technology out there is ERAD, you have a receiver receiver in the trap house, you have 5 credit card sized transmitters that clip on to a shirt or vest. They are programable for delay, field number. battery life is over a year. They are use at the NC state shoot & numerous other clubs in NC. Many shooters purchase their own transmitters. It is light years ahead of speaaker technology.

Phil Bedrkowitz ERAD contact--817-244-1761

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I would think that with the Erad system there could be a problem with shooters having to change transmitters for each field and forgetting to return them at the end of the day.

Eric

9. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

The clip ons, while seem like a good idea are a problem. Always lost, on someones vest, dropped, dead battery, etc.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob Schultz is clearly the person to deal with. He is honest, fair and understands all aspects of trapshooting. He also knows some of the best restaurants at every big shoot.

Two posters above mentioned several potential problems with the ERAD system. Before I used them at several clubs, I also though these problems would exist. But these problems really take care of themselves. When I walk from the field with my ERAD clipped to my vest, someone from the next squad comes after me before I can get 50 feet away.

For a while, the sensitivity of the ERAD transmitters to rain was a problem. That has now been solved with small plastic bags that only have the clip sticking out of the plastic.

Another problem with the ERAD system is that it is very complicated to get them set up. They have a lot of different buttons that must be punched in the correct order and the club must have a person who understands all of the buttons. It can become complicated if someone pushes the wrong button on the transmitter.

My local club has elected to use the wireless Canterbury system. After we got the receiver mounted correctly, the system works well. On problem is that the batteries can get weak during a shoot and this will result in irregular releases until they are replaced.

Pat Ireland

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Stupid thought for Bob and Gary. Some sort of a mini solar panel to keep the batteries charged. That ought to drive the price up a bit. :) Oh well, I'd better get my mind back to real work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cordless canterbury trap shooting