1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wire shell catcher in an 1100/1187 barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Who does a professional job of drilling the 1100/1187 barrel extension and installing the wire shell catcher? Here's a photo of one that was installed correctly after a few mis-steps.

[​IMG]

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. Ducky

Ducky Member

I think TRON from this board is supposed to be very skilled at this. I was going to call and get pricing and turnaround time. Maybe he will chime in here and give us some info. I have 2 step rib barrels I would like wire catchers on. Hope you are felling well Gene!!

Scott Lambe, Roswell Ga.

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Thx Scott. Let me know if you hear from Tron.

Finished chemo Oct 31. Blood test and CT scan since then show all is 'normal'. Am slowly getting over fatigue and other side effects. Praise God. Merry Christmas.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

For the 1100, it is really hard to beat a T&S model TS1100 PLASTIC snap on shell cathcer. My empties are always held solid in the reciever at right angles so I can just grab them.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Tron, do you do this type work?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Great news about your health Gene. Take care of yourself and have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I know Tron welds the bead in the barrel and tunes it to your choice of hulls. I'm not sure if he does the wire thing. I'm certain he is skilled enough to do it though. I provided a link to his website above. There is contact info on there.

Matt

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Glad you are well Gene! Looks like you drilled the holes way too big. Shouldn't be much bigger than the piano wire and at a slight angle in.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Matt:
    Thx for the nice thoughts and the info. I emailed Tron today.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. TC

TC TS Member

Good to hear you are doing well Gene. Wishing you the best, Tony

10. TomB

TomB Member

I don't know why anyone messes with a wire....just take out the extracter hook and the fired shell will just blow back into the action. Point the barrel up at a 45 , turn the gun upside down and roll the shell out. Works every time!! If you must shoot doubles , just put the extracter back in. Or , best bet is to have two bolts...one with extracter out & one in. That way you have a spare in case you break a firing pin or spring. I have shot MANY thousands that way and never had a problem. Tom B

11. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

TomB. I like the wire because the extractor pushes the open end of the spent shell out, ready to grab.

What do you do if the empty shell does not come completely back? Tight brass or what ever.

You can also shot without the bolt handle. But a squib? No powder? How do you get the bolt back to get the empty out?

12. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Heard from Tron. As a matter of personal policy, he doesn't install the wire. BUT, he does weld the 'nub' in place.

Thx for the help gang.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

13. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hi fellas, I will install a wire shell catcher on semi autos for $65.00 per barrel; shipping back to you included in the price. Here is a sample of my work on my personal guns. Please PM me for my phone number if you need to talk to me.

Thanks,

John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1187 doubles shell carcher
how to install shell catcher on 1100

piano wire for shell catcher