1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wire shell catcher for 1100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I need a wire shell catcher installed on/in my 1100 barrel. Who is recommended? I know I can do it myself but I prefer to have someone do the work that will do it correctly the first time. I called Skeet's in Talequa, OK but the new guy doesn't do them.
    Thanks,
    Wayne

2. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Spend $15.00 and buy the one made by Birchwood Casey and put it on yourself, its simple, sticks on with two-sided tape, i had one on my Benelli, worked great.

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Wayne: I think Tron could do that for you. PM him and ask him. Ed

4. DanLee

DanLee Member

Are you talking about an actual shell catcher or one of the little pins that just keeps the empty from hitting your neighbor on the trap line? If a catcher, I'd go with the T&S model that snaps onto the receiver over the stick-on wire catcher. I've tried both, and the T&S works better.

5. SCL

SCL Member

What he's talking about is drilling 2 holes in the extension of his barrel and inserting a quarter loop of .055 piano wire. This works really slick and is almost 100%. I use a T&S on my field 1100's if I shoot trap with them but my trap-t came drilled already and this works great. I had a buudy do this to one of his barrels himself and it works fine, though I don't have the balls to do this myself.LOL

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

I did one myself many years ago and found the metal to be REALLY hard. I would never try it again. Send it to a pro.

7. leftex

leftex Active Member

SCL,Thanks for the clarification. This is what I want. Mooshkat, I don't like the looks of the Birchwwod Casey and it hangs off the side of the gun. Dan Lee, I'm looking for the setup the SCL described. My trap barrels came with knock down pins from the factory. I've installed them in my other 1100 barrels. It is very simple, just drill & tap a hole perpendicular to a flat surface. I have a T&s. Works pretty well but after repeated removal and installations it will wear the blue away from where it touches the receiver.
    Does any body have a drawing with dimensions where the holes need to be drilled and at what angle. I'm afraid of getting the equivalent of a Black & Decker port job if I blindly start drilling holes.

Thanks,
    Wayne

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Wayne, I sent ya pic in PM that might help.

Gne J

9. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Send it to Doug Braker.
    BR1

10. DanLee

DanLee Member

T&S makes two types of catchers for the 1100, one steel and the other one plastic with a steel insert. I've only tried the steel (supposedly teflon-coated), but if you're worrying about the finish the other might be better. I've been using the coated steel one for almost 20 years on several 1100s, never noticed any wear on the finish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 wire shell catcher

remove wire shell catcher 1100