1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Sucks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I don't know about the rest of the country but winter in Chicago sucks! In December we had more than double the normal snow fall, yesterday we got a foot of the white crap with more on the horizon 3" or more then -10 degrees. Where is this global warming?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The Global Warming you ask about is alive and well here in S. Florida. Temps have been running about 5-7 degrees above normal now. 83f here today and no snow in sight ;-))

Eric

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Don't talk to me. We are going to get the coldest temperatures in 15 year next week according to the weatherman.

At least my truck starts if there is snow on the ground.

HM

4. Bruce Specht

Mixer, I don't want to hear from you not at all! Like Halfmile were getting ready for the coldest temps in 15 or more years!

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I am ready for Spring. :^)

6. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Well I am laid up with a shoulder in a sling and have been staying in as much as possible. Of course I have to go to therapy 3 times a week and its been nothing but ice and now 2 inches of snow and sub zero weather for the next week. I keep trying to talk the wife into a trip to see Florida. I bet Jerry would show us around! Don

7. Bruce Specht

As opf today the 12th we are faced with a Blizzard then sub zero weather. This SUCKS!!!!
    Birdtracker, sorry to hear of your shoulder problem that is a bummer. I've had five surgeries on my sholuder so I know what your going throught, push yourself everyday if you want to reagin full or close to full range of motion. Hurst like hell but don't stop! Good luck

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My favorite season is Fall. Winter is my second favorite season. Then Spring and last Summer. I hate being hot. I hate sweating. I hate bugs. I remember being out working a chainsaw in the summer. Sweat dripping down and burning in my eyes. Sawdust sticking to the sweat on my back and arms. Horseflies biting my back. Ticks crawling up and down me. My head and ears pounding from the heat. Me and everyone else I was working with stinking from the sweat and heat. I hate summer. Winter is my busiest season. I am torn this weekend. I am in on a winter trout fishing weekend trip. But that means I am giving up a duck hunt or a quail hunt and a sporting clays tournament. Too much stuff to do and not enough time off.

9. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

WHY???? Its great where I'm at. Its only 80 degree's the sun is warm and I'm getting a nice tan. Winter is just great here.

10. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Spring and morel mushrooms are right around the corner.

Bocephas

11. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I do look forward to spring turkey season.

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I agree that winter sucks... in So. CA. today it was 75 degrees, sunshine, breezy... Heck, I had to find my shorts and a clean T-shirt [the clean was at my wife's insistence]. We took down the Christmas decorations and went for some ice cream. Damn! If only the range was open on Monday. Fred

13. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I'm glad to be alive at my advanced age, even though the cold makes my joints ache, my toes go numb and my car and truck not want to start. I thank the Lord that my kids are well, even though they live in worse places than I do. I'm happy to take my grandkids out to build snowmen/women (they want equality) and pull them on the toboggan behind the four wheeler. My only regret so far is that I just plain hate going outside whereas I used to go cross country skiing, sit in a tree for eight hours, pole my way out to the duck blind, or bowhunt rabbits in January. Not fun anymore.

Could be worse. I could be moving into the white house with BHO's mother in law. That would be cold.

14. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Naw it don't suck'''' gives me a chance to load shells. got 165 boxes 20's and 141 boxes of 12's. plus I've been crow hunting, man I hate crows.
    4andy10

15. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Winter is great, other than the heating bill. There's ice fishing, rabbit hunting, beaver trapping through the ice, crow hunting, I even get a few rounds in at the club as well. What can be better than this?

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm going through the firewood this year. Thought I had more than enough split and stacked, pile is getting smaller every day. It has been a cold one. I can handle the cold if the ground is dry or frozen. 35 degrees with fog, drizzle, and mud - now that sucks.

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Morels soon, Oh Yeah and we had a lot of snow in the mountains so we should have a good shroom season here in Idaho and Washington

18. white rattler

white rattler Member

Yes it is only in the mid 70s here in Phoenix. It is so cool in the evenings that I have to change from gin and tonic to rum and pepsi by about 6pm. Trevor Dawe.

19. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Well, it's 55 degrees here in north Florida...I'm ready to go back to Tennessee..Never mind, it's going to be 24 for the high for the next few days. Maybe north Florida ins't so bad after all.Don

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Trevor...my heart goes out to yuh!!!...we've had more snow here in southern Alberta this winter so far than we've had in 2 decades....wish I wuz in Phoenix shootin' with you folks!!...or at least drinkin' with you when my knees give out!

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.