1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Shootng Gloves

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bpratl, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpratl

bpratl TS Member

What is the recommended winter glove for New England winter trap shooting?
    I tried on a pair of 10X gloves that had a thin leather construction with cloth lining which I like but is no longer available. What is the closest equivalent to the 10X? Bob

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Leather golf gloves work well. HMB

3. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Footjoy winter golf gloves, <$20

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I use batters gloves all year round, they work well and last for a long time besides being washable ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have the 10x and am hoarding them, Walmart used to carry them for only 15 bucks.

There are some police department supply websites that offer very nice specialized gloves, and some of them look great for shooting.

We get down to 20 below and still shoot.

The chemical (iron filings and charcoal) Hand warmers are a big seller around here too. I put one inside my right glove on the back of my hand, works fantastic.

HM

6. APrice

APrice Active Member

Another vote here for the WinterSof by Footjoy. Pretty good warmth without sacrificing too much feel.

http://www.amazon.com/FOOTJOY-WINTER-SOF-REGULAR-XX-LARGE-Gloves/dp/B00667Q0GE/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1355837606&sr=1-4&keywords=footjoy+wintersof

7. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I just bought a pair of Under Armour liners. They have long cuffs, a good (thin) grip surface and they are the most flexible of any glove I've used. The price is under $20.00 a pair. I used them this weekend and they were perfect.

Larry

8. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Another vote for the Foot Joys, I tried the UA liners but was kinda bulky

Scott

9. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I use the FootJoy winter golf gloves... I cut the index finger of the trigger hand off the glove just midway up so my finger joint is on the trigger. I am on the second winter with the same set. They work well. I think they were about $20 per pair at a golf store.
    Art

10. bpratl

bpratl TS Member

I tried on a pair of FootJoy winter gloves which look and feel good but They did not fit me that well so I ordered, and just received, a pair of TheGunGlove in their winter version. They fit me a lot better so now I will see now they perform on a cold winter night as I just joined a winter trap league. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.