1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Winter Shooting Gloves

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gross Man, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Any recommendations for winter shooting gloves that will be effective at 30 Deg F or below and leave you some dexterity. Thanx, Billy
  2. K80

K80 TS Member

http://www.gerbing.com/
  3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Excellent glove, available in 1/2 sizes for an exact fit.
  4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Active Member

insulated Bob Allen gloves work good. The trick to keeping your hands warm is to overdress your body, keep your trunk warm, almost too warm, and your hands will stay warm.
  5. spitter

spitter Active Member

Although not advertised as a winter glove, Orvis is offering a promotional shooting glove that I really like for myself. Their new shooting glove is $9.95 in olive/black with a fleece/poly body and faux suede palm and fingers.

I've been wearing them here in Chi-town in the current single digits and teens. For me they're just a enough and offer great tactic feel.

Item number 2C9K, available M, L, & XL

FYI,

Jay
  6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Active Member

Just bought 3 pairs of winter golf gloves and 2 pair of rain gloves at the local "Pro Golf" store.

Winter gloves $15.95 with fleece backs, long fingers and a tacky 1-piece gripping surface for fingers and palm. Excellent trigger feel and warm enough for me.

Rain gloves feel like thin leather but must be wet to work; when wet they get tacky for excellent grip and sensitivity; same price, same place.

MK
  7. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Nike golf gloves!! I don't like any of the shooting gloves that I have ever found, they all seem too slik. It's hard to get a firm grip on the gun. With the golf gloves you can get a good grip on it
  8. warren

warren Member

I got some mittens with a finger hole on each hand I haven't tried them yet but I'm gonna this month.

warren
  9. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Member

Leather TIG welding gloves work great
  10. 410 JIM

410 JIM TS Member

Try Cabelas.com they have kangaroo shooting gloves for $19.95 regular $50.00. Even if you don't shoot kangaroos they work fine for trap. Nicest gloves around for the money.
    Jim
  11. al3526

al3526 TS Member

didnt like shooting gloves sold by cabelas tried various pairs. ordered a pair of baseball batting gloves and love em. tight fit with lines and dots of silicone on fingers and palm to enhance grip. the pair i have are from mizuno. prob not much in the way of insulation but would rather have close fit. al
  12. RobPete

RobPete Member

I asked this same question on here about a month ago. I ended up going with a pair of footjoy winter golf gloves(dick's sporting goods). They were under $20, which, in my opinion, made them a bargain. As far as dexterity, I was able to pick up my son's dropped Cherios...............
  13. X2 fan

X2 fan Member

These are the Kangaroo leather Thinsulate(40 gram) lined gloves I have worn in the past for winter shooting (which I no longer do) but they are great for that and for upland hunting, and for everyday and dress wear. I don't know where someone found them for $19 but the last time I got them they were $40. It appears they are $60 now!

Click on the link above.

Tim
  14. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I have used Cabela's kangaroo leather gloves with thinsulate for years, Are they the best...I have no idea.

BB
  15. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

The warmest gloves I've found are GripSwell insulated shooting gloves.
  16. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Thanx guys - I am going to try the - Cabela's kangaroo leather gloves with thinsulate. They look like the best compromise of warmth and dexterity. Billy
  17. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

spitter, thanks for the tip on the Orvis promotional glove (2C9K). I just ordered a pair for $9.95 and the shipping was free!

Jim Skeel
  18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I've shot trap in northeast Ohio since 1978 using regular leather golf gloves (both hands). For one or two rounds my fingers aren't frozen nor cold enough to prevent feeling the trigger. I usually shoot a round or two then back to the warm clubhouse before I go back out on the line. After I started using the golf gloves in the winter months, I never gave these up for all the other seasons. I prefer the soft leather gloves such as Footjoy Stay-soft or any similar brand. Works for me and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg. BT-100dc
  19. mwmham

mwmham Member

another vote for Cabela's kangaroo leather gloves with thinsulate. I've shot with them this winter consistently at minus 10 degrees celsius or colder and I've been comfortable. They have good feel also. I shoot a 391 and a K80 without issues with the gloves. Can't beat $19
  20. spitter

spitter Active Member

Excellent... I hope you enjoy wearing them as much as I do...

Jay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.