1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winter shooting coats

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kelly andersen, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Just bought a pavillion cold weather coat for $79.00 on ebay. he has a few left for the same price, not much for big sizes. pretty good deal they retail for a little under $200.Looks like a decent jacket. http://stores.ebay.com/Emporium-One

2. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

That didnt work very well, lets try this.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

How do the sizes run on them?

Jim

4. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Heres they're website, the size chart is on the left under information. A shooter I know has one of they're coats and it is a quality unit.

5. msmith

msmith Member

Thanks, I just purchased a med. I was looking for a new shooting coat. Mike

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I bought one too - arrived a few days ago. Mine is an XL and sized a bit on the full side allowing for a sweater. Nice coat, great price.

7. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Mike,

Did your coat arrive yet? I have all Bob Allen coats in medium and was just wondering how they compared in size. I usually like them to fit a little snug around the chest so the gun is secured well.

Did you order your medium off the same dealer on Ebay? I noticed the one listed is a size large. Thanks,

Dale,

8. msmith

msmith Member

Dale,
    I just ordered today from the guy on Ebay. I will probably get it Fri.I went to Pavillions web site for sizing. It should fit . This is a good price.Mike

9. groundpounder

groundpounder TS Member

bought one on ebay last month, excellent price/excellent jacket -

10. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

I just bought one last night and thought I'd share the deal. The leather is the shoulder pad and around the pockets. I wanted a storm, but at $200 more this is a more econmical coat. Like I said, a guy I shoot with has one and it's a nice coat. just thought I'd share the find,Plus the guy has a great ebay record, which is important with all the crooks out there these days.

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The cold weather coat is generally all the protection and warmth you'll need - as opposed to their "Storm" coat. I've had mine for a year and a half with the only complaint being the zipper can be difficult to get started, especially with cold hands. Keeps me dry and room for a sweat shirt under it, a good value for the $....breakemall....Bob Dodd

12. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

By storm I meant the coats Jon Storm makes, I guess I should have said that. Saw one on a guy at the range and they looked awsome, almost looked to bulky to shoot in though. The pavillion storm coats look nice also.

13. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for the heads up on the auction. Looks like I'm going to order one.

Dale,

14. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

No problem, I was just goofing around on ebay and ran into them, it made my day.Nobody around here carries anything like it, so it was cool to find one at a good price.

15. msmith

msmith Member

I just received mine today. Excellent! Go ahead & buy one if there are any left. Mike

16. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Bob, your not the only one with ZIPPER problems, I've got a mesh back type that has the same problem, just was reluctent to send it back, didn't want to put up with the hassle!!!

Pete S.

17. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Go with the Storm coat. After having several trap shooting coats through the years, I got a Storm coat. BEST DAM SHOOTING COAT I EVER HAD!

Here in Pennsylvania it gets a little cold. Last winter I went shooting in 7 degree temperature and was very comfortable in my Storm coat.

Stop what you are doing now, go to the Storm web site (Go to the URL above) and order one, winter is just around the corner.

Disclaimer; I have no vested interest or ties to the Storm people, just like their coat.

Frank

18. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

The problem is storm is $115 to $150 more than these. I'd love a storm, but for the guy on a budget, you cant beat this deal. Maybe next year I'll get the storm, they are very well made and a nice looking coat also.

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Kelley My John Storm Coat is five or six years old now . It has never been a warm coat and really a big disappointment .

20. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

Not unless it shows up tomorrow doggai, I just bought it from ebay christmas eve day so I doubt it will be here by sat. If you know Paul Neumann who shoots out there he has one you can see if he's there, thats mainly the reason I bought one, his looked like a well made coat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winter trap shooting coats

winter trap shooting coats for sale

winter trap shooting jackets