1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter league in northern Michigan

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Jan 10, 2017.

1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

There's a new league starting up here at the Grayling MI gun club with an interesting format.
    It's only 400 birds, 200 singles 200 handicap. Whatever your score on a singles round is, you must shoot from that yardage on a round of caps. I.e. I shoot a 23, I must shoot 1 round of caps from the 23. Interesting but I wouldn't want to be doing the squadding.
    Anyone ever hear of this format? Looking forward to it.

Bill

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Looking forward to my second year doing this league, great club, great people, fun shoot.

slayer thanked this.
  3. Bighoss

Bighoss Active Member

Been there, done that. Different. A lot of fun. Shot a few 49's. No 50's though.

slayer thanked this.
  4. DOUBLEG2

DOUBLEG2 Member

They shot a winter league like that in clubs southern Michigan. Looks like fun .

slayer thanked this.
  5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Winter league in Northern Michigan.....must be some really tough or really crazy shooters up there!

slayer thanked this.
  6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Both I guess. We're actually driving south for this venue. Just got to know how to dress!

No survivors
    Bill

7. shotgun52

shotgun52 Active Member

You have to live in Michigan to under stand the mentality of Michiganders.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The traveling circuit jackpot shoots between clubs have been doing this for years in Wisconsin. It is nice because you get to shoot both aspects at one time of a shoot, instead of everything 16 yd. at the money shoots.

The yardages are set on the next trap of the same squad, 23-25yds. 23 minimum. That keeps the squad together, and shooting 2 yds apart maximum. That yardage is determined by what was shot on the previous trap of 25 at 16 yds., of a 50 bird total round.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017