1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter League for real shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phudson, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phudson

phudson TS Member

January 2007 Juneau, Ak

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LOL...that's good. Until I saw it was Juneau, I was going to jump all over you with Anchorage being a real winter league.

We don't have that much snow, but we're a heck of a lot colder!!!

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Does one aim at the top of the trap house or the bottom? LMAO!

ec90t

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, kolar bear...I don't have anything to back it up except my opinion, but we just went through 4 or 5 weeks of really cold weather up in Anchorage. We actually cancelled league one week up here. It has warmed up with a vengenance, though...we're in the 40s now, and it looks like it's going to be that way all week.

I'd call it a cold winter, myself, but an early spring. Juneau gets a heckuva lot more snow than Anchorage does - and I would guess that, on average, they don't get as cold as we do. That's not to say it doesn't get butt cold down there too, though.

And EC..everyone brings a shovel and clears the field before we shoot up here - from the 16 yard line out to the target fall zone is bare ground, you just can't see it in the pictures. We don't bother to clear between the stations - that's a lot of extra work. We get plenty of exercise just clearing the 60 or so yards from the 16 yard line on out....LMAO.

5. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Juneau and Anchorage are warm spots in the winter compared to Fairbanks. Fairbanks is usually 40 degrees colder than Anchorage on any given day so....when it's 0 in Anchorage, yup you got it, it's -40 in Fairbanks. That's why we refer to Anchorage and Juneau as being in the "Banana Belt".

Cheers
    Gavin

6. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Juneau and Anchorage are warm spots in the winter compared to Fairbanks. Fairbanks is usually 40 degrees colder than Anchorage on any given day so....when it's 0 in Anchorage, yup you got it, it's -40 in Fairbanks. That's why we refer to Anchorage and Juneau as being in the "Banana Belt".

Cheers
    Gavin

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

Is that Jay's hat sticking out of the snow? LOL I don't think I have ever seen that much snow here on the Kenai Peninsula the 40 years I have been here. Kolar Bear you have to remember Juneau is 1,000 miles south of Anchorage and they get much more precipitation as well. Fairbanks is 400 miles north of Anchorage and why anyone would live up there is beyond me. Now Stubby I can understand. LOL

8. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I can see why the shooter on the right only has a 25 and 50 straight patch. I'll bet 100 hundred straights are hard to come by. Post-2

9. shrek

shrek Active Member

that's great!!!!

Gotta do something to make it through the winter.

10. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

and here we were complaining about the weather in northern in,im not complaining any moore,wait till i show the guys at the club this picture,mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.