1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Chain Question ?

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by BigBearRod, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBearRod

BigBearRod Member

Can someone explain to me what/why/when the "Winter Chain" is?
    I searched everywhere and couldn't fine what the purpose and history is of these events. Sorry if its a dumb question, it wouldn't be my first.

If there is a link to this info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance, Rod

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In theory you could hop in your motor home and go from shoot to shoot (Florida), never driving a long distance to the next club holding a shoot.

Shoots start near the beginning of the week at each club, with finals on Saturday and Sunday. You then move the RV to the next shoot.

A club, b club, C club, d club....

[​IMG]

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The Winter chain in Florida is a series of shoots within the state. The 2013 Florida chain starts Jan 9-13 at Flagler Gun Club, then Jan 31-Feb 3 at CCCMiami, Feb 7-10 at Markham, Feb 13-17 at Okeechobee, Feb 19-24 at Gator Gun club, Feb 28-Mar 3 at Silver Dollar and March 5-10 at Robinson Ranch.

I believe there's a similar chain in Arizona but I could be wrong on that. Florida & Arizona are big "snow bird" winter vacation states and lets the SB's follow the chain and shoot a lot of registered targets in the warm climates while it's cold & snowy back in their home states up north.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.