1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINTER CALCUTTA STARTING 10/11/09 MOREHEAD KY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Trapshooters, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Trapshooters

The Trapshooters TS Member

ROWAN COUNTY SPORTSMAN’S CLUB MOREHEAD, KY - NON-REGISTERED WINTER CALCUTTA IS STARTING UP THE 1ST SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH STARTING OCT. 11, 2009 THRU APRIL 2010. 50 – 16’S & 50 – 1 YD LESS THAN YOUR CURRENT ATA CARD (NO CLOSER THAN THE 20 YD LINE). 25 BIRD HIGH GUN SHOT AT 12:00 PM WITH SHOOTERS BEING SOLD IMMEDIATELY THEREAFTER

50 BIRD CALCUTTA ALL REMAINING SUNDAYS STARTING OCT. 18, 2009 THRU APRIL 2010.
    25 – 16’S & 25 – 1 YD LESS THAN YOUR CURRENT ATA CARD (NO CLOSER THAN THE 20 YD LINE) 25 BIRD HIGH GUN SHOT AT 1:00 PM WITH SHOOTERS BEING SOLD IMMEDIATELY THEREAFTER.

10 BIRD MONEY MATCHES BEGIN AT 11:00 AM. PENALTY SHOOTS FROM THE 25 YD LINE

CALL TO PRE-SQUAD HOME 606-743-7266 OR CELL 606-794-3237
    CALL OR ASK ABOUT SPECIAL HOLIDAY SHOOTS!

PHILLIP & SALLIE JO NICKELL
    ROWAN COUNTY SPORTSMAN'S CLUB
    MOREHEAD, KY 40351

2. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Hey you would draw a bigger crowd if you would let everyone have 1 yard less. They can only beat you a couple of times. You give club yardage. The long yardage shooters already get to shoot the 16 yd targets. I know of several shooters that would come and shoot if you gave everyone 1 yd less. See you soon.

Jerry Nickell

3. The Trapshooters

4. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

Jerry,,,I didn't understand your comment. If you read the program above you have to know that everyone gets a yard off except 20 yarders,,because that is as close as you can get...

What did you mean by; the long yardage shooters already get to shoot the 16 yard targets..?? Hmmmmm, hope your not wanting us long yardage guys to shoot all our targets from the 26 and you shoot all of yours from the 16...

Personally, I prefer the old calcuttas where your handicap is based on what you break from the 16 yard targets.

Example: 50 Bird race...you break 25 16's you shoot from 25 yards etc.
    you break 24 16's you shoot from 24 etc. no closer than
    23 yards.

Grizzly

5. The Trapshooters

6. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Hey Grizz,
    No I do not want to shoot all of my targets from the 16. I will shoot 50 singles and 50 i yd less just like you. I am simply saying that someone such as yourself that has a 99 avg on singles is for the most part spotting you 50. I am not taking anything away from your ability. I wished that I could break singles and handicap like you do. There are shooters that would come and shoot if they got 1 yard off their cap yardage. I personally am not affected, but I say give the 1 yard off to all shooters. How many times can they beat you. You get club yardage. More shooters means more money and the club throws more targets.

Jerry

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

So you're saying that 20 yard shooters should be allowed to shoot from the 19? Because they are the only ones I can see who are not getting to shoot from 1 yeard less than their card. Do you, or they, think that 1 yard is going to make the difference between them beating Griz, Phillip, or Dave Riddle? It will take them, or me for that matter, having a very good day to beat those guys in which case that 1 yard won't make a bit of difference.

8. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

JHoward,
    I am saying if you give 1 yard off for 21 yds and up, give the 1 yard off to everyone even if he is on the 18. You are exactly right. Grizz, Phillip, Terry Litteral, Dave Riddle and many more at Phillips club is very difficult to beat no matter where you shoot from. If it gets you more shooters, let em have the 1 yard off no matter what their yardage is. I am on the 24 and have tohoot against them too. My oppinion and $1.00 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Jerry

9. The Trapshooters

10. The Trapshooters

Alright all you criers and whiners..... we will make the winter calcutta 1 yard less than your ATA card. Come prepared to prove your assigned yardage. Hope this makes you feel better, because most times, the long yardage shooters have prevailed. Know that when you win, you earn a club yard which will remain until January 01, 2010 and April 01, 2010.

Phillip & Sallie Jo Nickell
    Rowan County Sportsman's Club
    Morehead, KY
    606-794-3237

11. nitro 100

nitro 100 Member

Phillip,

I am neither a whiner or crier. I am tired of shooters saying they won't shoot a shoot because they don't get a yard off. Now they have no excuse not to come and shoot your shoot. I hope to shoot several of your shoots this winter. If I can win your shoot just 1 time, I will be extremly happy. It will mean that I had an outstanding day and beat some of the best shots in the country (or no one else showed up that day). I truly do not think giving the one yard off to all ATA cards gives a better chance to beat the great shots at your club. If you can not break 49 or 50 you are not going to win your shoot. Thanks and hope to see you soon.

Jerry

12. The Trapshooters

13. The Trapshooters

14. The Trapshooters

15. The Trapshooters

16. logndog

logndog TS Member

The fairest way , is 100 bird handicap what you sell for. That way you can put your money where your mouth is!!
    ER3

17. jhoward

jhoward Member

I like this idea, this way I can shoot from the 5yd line!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.