1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Around the Corner

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by etook, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etook

etook TS Member

With winter coming around the corner what are some of the things people do to practice and stay in shooting shape?

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Use my Terry Jordan Wall chart, practice mounting the gun, watch my eye excercise video, still shoot here and there even when it's cold, shoot the Southern Zone.

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Us folks here in San Diego got it rough...

We continue to shoot year 'round.

I don't know if I can handle it any more (grin).

Bucko43

4. otnot

otnot Active Member

We are expecting snow any week now up here in Alaska I guess that is right around the corner. I do a lot of 12oz curls to keep my body shaped like a pear and in peak condition. I sleep more since it's dark 18 hours a day. Then I when the sun finally get's high enough on the horizon to see to shoot here again I don my bunny boots and cold weather gear and keep shooting. Why stop shooting just because it's winter and cold. I draw the line at -20 and stay home but other than that I keep practicing. Now those boys up in Fairbanks their a whole lot tougher than us folks in southern Alaska. Those guys shoot when it's -40. To shoot at that temperature you have to have a lot of antifreeze in your system thats why they drink Yukon Jack up north. You folks in the lower 48 need to get toughened up and just keep shootin. LOL

5. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

etook............We head for the SILVER DOLLAR CLUB in Fla...."come ooonnnn down"........Trap, skeet, five-stand and sandbag.......ahahhhahahahhahaha

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jerry...remember I had to buy gloves that day? And then I had to buy gloves again when I shot the Southern Grand. LOL!!! I think I'll bring my long johns this year.

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I usually slump on down to the local club and sit in my nice heated car and honk and make fun of those stupid shooters out shooting in the wintery cold ... and after the skeet shooters leave I get out and shoot a quick round or two of trap.

8. bas

bas Member

Well, in AZ, we look forward to winter...and shooting lots of targets!

9. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Quite a few of us shoot all winter. We have leagues that start Nov 1st and Jan 1st. You may come in with a snow drift on the side of your face, but it sure is fun till the fingers get numb. Then we do the 12 oz curls like otnot.

10. bb-84

bb-84 Member

Hush your mouth. I looked across the lake today and the leaves are starting to turn already. The drought is probably helping things along. Hate freaking winter.

11. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I will be shooting trap for the next couple of weeks, then once pheasant season starts, I'll slow down. Shoot a little less trap, and spend more time out hunting. Once snow hits the ground, I get out the snowmobile and have some fun! I also plan on getting some coyote hunting done as well, we've managed to get some good ground this year. Normally don't start up trap shooting again until mid March early April. Perfectly fine with me, as long as I have something to do all winter. Have fun! Josh

12. etook

etook TS Member

i hunt as long as it is the season which can be short. Im in North Dakota i dont think i want to go out and shoot when its -40 outside. I have had many thoughts of going down to florida or arizona to shoot

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I can tell winter is on its way because it won't be long and we will have daytime temps under 100 and nights will be down right cool to cold (60-70's) in the desert ... You can tell when its the dead of winter in Arizona because I usually wear long pants rather than my usual shorts, hell last year I wore long pants for almost 2 full weeks, I thought winter was never going to end ... I'm sure glad you don't have to shovel sunshine or we would never get out of the garage ... I look forward to a few over cast days so I don't have to wear my sun screen in the winter months ... It'll be a tough one but we can handle it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.