1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winnemucca weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

There's a two day shoot comming up this weekend in Winnemucca, it's a great club the people are more than hospitible and the forecast is sunny and 91. How can you ask for any better. I hope to see some of you there.

warren

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Don't forget to stay Saturday night and get a four star Basque meal at one of the great resturants!

3. Rich Bullard Jr.

Rich Bullard Jr. Active Member

4. warren

warren Member

I've got cousins living in Winnemucca and we've decided to have a family reunion at the same time so I'm getting double pleasure. People comming from as far as San Fracisco and Visalia neat days comming up.

warren

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Single male shooters should also consider: Winnemucca is in rural Nevada!

Besides a trapshoot, endurance trials abound in the Old West of Nevada.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Yep Chango - there are sportin' gals in that town but I would rather spend my money on steak and whiskey at Ormacheas. - guess that is a sign of getting old!

7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I drove my new 1978 VW Rabbit diesel from Ohio to Calif. Wanted a diff route going home. So I went up through Winnemucca. Talk about wild west,Wow! Diesel fuel was $.49 cents per gallon. Cost me $25.00 out from OH. & $30.00 back. Motel was $12.00 or $15.00.
    Sorry, that was Elko, not Winnemucca.
    Clyde

8. warren

warren Member

The unemployment rate in Winnemucca and surounding area like Elko and Lovelock is nearly 0 no recession there.

warren

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Also, looks like the employment rate is high in Wendover (mines have opened up again) and ditto for Gabbs, Nevada. Even the "lonliest road in the U.S.", (hwy. 50) was not so lonely two weeks ago! However, did see some Mustangs in the hills watching over the landscape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.