1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winjammer wad ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FLAKETM, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

I take it that the regular Windjammer wad can be used for both one and an eighth ounce loads and one ounce loads but would like some input. My Clays book has one ounce recipe for both. The pressure is less from the regular Windjammer than from Windjammer II.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

yes, I even use the on 1 1/4 loads

3. royboy

royboy Member

The Windjammer one ounce load wad is yellow. There are two different wads by Windjammer.

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

From what the book says, there is Windjammer and Windjammer II. They have one ounce loads using both. I don't know the colors.

5. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

I use the regular Windjammer for both. Usually load 19.5 International Clays under 1 1/8th oz of 8'S. For a doubles load I just drop down to 1oz with no other changes. Works great for me. This is in an STS hull , and I use Cheddite primers.

No Chrono data , sorry

6. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

FWIW, when I ordered Spolar Gold Windjammer wads, Dixie reminded me to avoid using them in Federal Hulls, because the volume is much greater than STS or AA hulls. I guess you can extrapolate that to ask: which hull are you using? I saw the new Windjammer II wads from Downrange at Maringo, and would guess them to be designed for use in STS and AA.

7. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

The load in the Clays book using both Windjammers is for AA hulls. That's what I generally use. Always used Green Dot and pc purple wads but can no longer find pc purple -- only red.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.