1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wine Question for MIA

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Jack, I here you talking about wine once in awhile so I thought I would try it. Not bad!
    <a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01254.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. BILL GRILL

Jack, I here you talking about wine once in awhile so I thought I would try it. Not bad!
    <a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC01254.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What??...no Mad Dog or Thunderbird??

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

WOW!! What a class act Mr Grill is.

5. BILL GRILL

Bob, You sound just like my wife. I told her if it doesn't say Mogan David or Boone's Farm I do not like it. lol

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I prefer the Pisano jug by Carlo Rossi. I always have some around for cooking,

some stews require several cups.

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I'm disappointed in ya' Bill. I had you pegged for a Thunderbird kind of a guy. What's the word?___________! What's the price?___________!

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bill,

Try the Yago Sangria sometime, you'll really like that if you like Rossi ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

wpt, i was going to suggest yago, that's good stuff. bulge.

10. BILL GRILL

Looks like I am going to have to try some Yago. Thanks for the heads up. Bill

11. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

C'mon, Jack is a Bears fan... Everybody knows they like the wine that comes in a box with a spigot... Sheeeesh...

I hope he isn't drinking wine when he opens your post... Might come out the poor guys nostrils....

LWL

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Hobos like the box wine best, after you drink it all you can pull out the plastic bladder, blow it up like a balloon then use it for a pillow.

13. BILL GRILL

Shannon, You going to be at spring team? I have some good bourbon I will bring along. I'll leave the "whine" at home. LOL

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wild Bill

Yes, I am a wine nut. My preference is for good quality distressed wines I can buy cheap. Just lik guns. Last night I drank a bottle of "Red Guitar" I paid about $6 a bottle and it had a very nice berry bite. Not at all smooth like a merlot. I am very lucky to have a small bu bustling ethnic liquor store here in St Paul named Morellis. I buy wines by the case and make a trip a month. I'll have to look at my wine cabinet and see what I can recommend. BTW, your personal doctor tells you not to drink, but my doc says a bottle of red wine a day is "no problem"

Funny stuff Wild Bill.

15. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Jack my Dr says "1" glass of red wine a day, keeps the dr away...

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Bill,

Not sure yet, been a very slow winter, but that will change in the spring.

Hope all is well in God's country.

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My doctor told me to stop drinking and take better care of my self. I got a new doctor. Go to Trader Joe's and get 7Up and 2 buck Chuck!

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Yah-ah. I tink it is callt a "riddling rack"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously, this is my home wine cabinet. It is in my cold (assed) garage. But the cabinet is heated in the vinter and A/C in the summer. Not particularly efficient but the wine does stay somewhat close to optimum of 55 degrees. Now it is about that, but summer it can be up to 65-70 degrees or so. It is insulated and has one little duct off an interior house duct that flows thru a rubber hose to the cabinet. It has a shut off valve too. But I only have a dozen or so bottles I am concerned about as the rest is just inexpensive stuff I get at Morellis.

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jack, How do you keep that many in stock?? I seem to have an evaporation issue.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jack,

I am not much of a drinker, but find that if I drink enough wine, beer, or booze my truck will not stay in the right lane and weaves all over the place, what do you think is the matter with the truck ..? Do you think I need to have the front end looked at and checked out ..? Could a tire out of balance do that .,.? WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.