1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wine/Liquor and carafe given to a kid for trophy?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Pheasantmaster and I were having a discussion about remodeling the house that will be our home after the wedding. That home has been used soley for storage for a number of years, and contains a lot of Martin's trophies.

Many of you know Martin has been shooting since he was a LITTLE kid. He tells me that he has some wine and liquor carafes that he won when he was a sub junior. LOL!!! He also won full new bottles of whiskey and such during that time. Of course, I bet those are empty...LMAO!!!

So, my question to all of you is, What are some of the funniest trophies that you have seen awarded to kids waaaaay back then...

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I remember going to turkey shoots in the 60s and 70s where the prize was a fifth of whiskey. Didn't matter if you were a kid or not. I won a few of those when I was in my teens. Tradtion back then was to open the bottle and throw the cap away and start passing. I even saw them award the prize to a 14 year old girl.

Times are a changin.

3. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I won a silver ice bucket at the NC State Shoot in 1965.

I was 10 years old and I still have the trophy!

I won the Annie Oakley Handicap with a 98 in 1968 - wasn't in the calcutta and won a silver champagne bucket for hi-gun - yes I still have the trophy.

FRedmon

4. Vickie

Vickie Member

When my daughter Leah was a Sub Jr., she won several humidors as trophies. I always thought that was a rather strange trophy for junior shooters.

Vickie

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

At the other end of the category spectrum, I wanted to get cremation urns for Senior Vet trophies, but I was overruled.

Pat Ireland

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Now Pat that is a trophy with a definate future use. Good one. Jake

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

LOL, Pat...when I get to be a senior vet, I would take one of those in Silver. That was funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.