1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

windy day- holdpoint??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

last sunday was a tuff day to shoot! rocks were set and then the wind pickedup hard in your face-- boy were the rocks climbing!! is there any differant strategy, when you feel that you are "chasing" the rocks????

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I don't change my hold point much. I do try to move faster to the target. It gets frustrating.

I can give you some advice about shooting under poor conditions. This was given to me by Kay O. but I will never follow it. During the week if it is very windy, especially when it is raining hard and the wind is blowing, go to the club and shoot 200 practice rounds. Kay said he he gets few opportunities to practice under such conditions and takes advantage of them whenever possible.

And some wounder why Kay wins so much and they don't.

Pat Ireland

3. acss

my duaghter and i are "fast" shooters- we dont hang on the target or ride it- just cant make ourselves aim a lil!!! but it sure looks like those who do on days like that are rewarded!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

FWIW...Normally I hold center of the roof. If the targets are blowing high I might hold a little higher, like just under the front edge. Also I try to get up into 'em a little farther. But mostly if the wind is blowing really hard I miss more than usual so take my advice or leave it, your choice?

John C. Saubak

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Dick Bennett, in his excellent book "Trapshooting Is a Game of Opposites", advises to hold LOWER for high, wind-blown targets.

6. acss

thanks-i will order it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.