1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winds of Change (Repost from my Skeet thread)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

All

The wind of change is coming, if you are a competitive shooter with a shotgun trap, skeet, sporting we all need to be one unified front to the anti-gunners of this country. For our own benefit the combination of the three disciplines is the solution. I would be all for one competitive organization combining ATA/NSSA/NSCA and the other international games.

So every time I hear a Trap shooter talk down a Skeet shooter or vice versa I see an ignorant person who really needs to find something more to do with his free time. Be part of the team or get the hell out of the way! Because if you don’t get on board as a united front our favorite pass time will go the way of the dinosaur and you will find you have to take up golf or maybe advanced basket weaving to fill up your free time.

Ronbo
    NSSA 136402
    ATA 97-00810
    USMC Retired

2. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Ronbo, Good idea in theory, but, the three disciplines attract different shooters with different attitudes. Then there is the matter of money and power. The three disciplines are very disparate in numbers of participants. Guess who thinks his should be in control? I'm not trying to debate you as I agree with your overall premise, but simply pointing out some of the difficulties involved. Ever experience of interservice rivalries?

3. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I think/hope all of it is good old fashioned ribbing. It used to be worse some years ago.

Ronbo, I agree with your post 100%.

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

All the Money and Power in the world will not save the shooting sports. Unitiy and co-operation presenting a united front will. Right now the ATA does not own much. The NSSA/NCSA has a huge facility that it owns and a small membership.

"United we stand, divided we fall!"

Ronbo

5. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

I can't afford to have the skeet shooters help me any more than they already have.

jim brown

6. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

The Brits have the CPSA which governs all clay shooting sports.

Maybe one of them could weigh in with their experience.

There is no denying that ALL firearms owners must be evr vigilant in promoting our sport.

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Jim

Could you expand upon your statment......

Sound like sour grapes...

Ronbo

8. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

I'm not too sure the Brits are in a position to advise us on gun control rights as they've already lost theirs.

9. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Jim is a registered skeet hater from way back. LOL!

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Duckman

That is too bad, I have met a bunch of really great people shooting Trap, Skeet and Clays. Might it be that Skeet is the game of the RICH$ and Trap is the game of the common man. I see a whole bunch more Bluebirds at the Grand than at the World Skeet Championships.....

Ronbo

11. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Ronbo

If the skeet shoots keep going up to $50 a gun plus options, only the rich will shoot registered skeet.

I was just ribbing Jim for some old posts of his.

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The time will not be far off when you will see those prices for Trap Targets. Skeet shooters want quality referees, lets figure out the costs.

Target Cost ------- $20.00 (Based on what it cost at Sparta)<br>
    NSSA Fees ------- $3.00 (Per Hundred)<br>
    State Fees ------- $1.00 (Most States)<br>
    Referee Cost ------- $6.00 (Most areas might be more)<br>
    Class Purse ------- $10.00 (Manditory)<br>
    Gun Purse ------- $2.00 (Manditory)<br>
    HOA Purse ------- $2.00 (Mandiotry to support the HOA for 4 gun shooters)<br>

Total ------- $44.00<br>

If you want to shoot for the sheer pleasrue of the shooting TRAP is the way to go. $22.00 per hundered and I know that causes enough heartburn. I do not want to suplement the big guns who by the way don't make a whole bunch of money shooting SKEET but with that said I do like to win part of my entry fee back from time to time.

Our games are what they are, I would conserviativly say that with my ammo, gas, lunch and entry fees cost to me to shoot 100 regestred TRAP or SKEET targets is about $1.00 per bird more like $1.25.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.