1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows XP updating every time I shut down

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WesleyB, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

My Windows XP upon shut down always says it is updating 1 of 1. No matter how many times a day I shut down. Started this about 3 days ago. My other XP computer in the office doesnt do that. BUT.... my inlaw came over tonight saying her computer is doing the same updating 1 of 1 each time it shuts down.

Any one have this going on??

Thanks
    WesleyB

2. WesleyB

Ok i got her fixed. It is a problem with autorun in windows updates. Update KB967715. I updated windows and it didnt fix it so went to Google and typed in the update number. There has been trouble with it. It has tried to update since Feb 24. Showed it was successful but really wasnt.

There is a fix. Like i said typed it in Google and several post there on the fix.

WesleyB

3. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Mine does this around midnight. I havent noticed anything in daytime. I just put up with it. It only lasts a few minutes.

Regards....Gerald

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did you download service package 3. That stopped mine from that stuff. Bulge

5. WesleyB

Yes sometime ago..

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Just wait until you experience a Vista system that blows off the boot files everytime it updates. All you get is a black and white screen with some cryptic error messages. It's a once a month ritual with the repair disk. Suddenly it stopped after a long relationship with several Micro$oft support personnel. I have my suspicions, but I believe it was a bug in the malicious software removal tool. Microsoft has had many issues with updates in every platform. It gets worse as the software gets more bloated.

In the case of error messages and update failures, Google is your friend. Microsoft has almost been unable to break just one. Certainly there is someone else out there that has run across the issue you are experiencing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.