1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

windows Vista

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Just bought a new computer with Vista. Not sure i like it. Are any of you guys using it? Heard rumors MS is going to do away with it,any truth? Thanks, Jeff

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Windows 7 is the new way. See cover of PC World January 2009 issue.Ray.......

3. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Bought one kept it two days. It was top of line HP laptop with vista pro. It was so slow and store (worst buy) offered to fix it to make it faster for $100 and I opted to lose stocking fee to unload it and get away from worst buy. I found a windows xp and works well. My next will be an apple. jim w

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Vista sucks....and go with Mozilla Firefox and dump IE!!!

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

i am using vista on an hp laptop, i have a wireless router and the only issue i ever had was norton internet security would not function with it.

bill

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I liked Vista on my new HP so well I reformatted my hard drive and installed my old XP on it. The way these new HP and some others are designed the changeover is very difficult. I would return the computer and look for one that isn't designed specifically for Vista and that has the flexibility of extra card spaces.

7. englishupland

englishupland Member

I like Vista but you MUST have the power to drive it, and it requires plenty..Windows 7 is very similar to Vista. There is a 64bit Vista that runs a bit better, but also requires plenty of power..Xp runs better on more modest machines..Mozilla or Safari are good choices for browsers if you don't care for IE...which I dont

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

bigbore613 I run Vista Home Premium on two computers. My desk top and my laptop I find the only trouble I have with either one is as I install programs they put a Icon in the tool bar at the bottom of the screen. This is not what you want to happen. Some programs provide a box for a check mark that asks if I want the Icon there I always check no, now.

I don't know how much Ram yours has mine have 2 Gig and if I where going to build one through a computer company like Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc etc I would get as much ram as possible.

Vista is fussy about which security and virus protection you use. As far as Norton is concerned. They couldn't pay me to run their products. I have yet to have a serious problem(one I can't fix and I am no computer Geek)with Vista. I have had one computer with XP and it still doesn't boot up the way it should it keeps telling me that file are missing.

Bob Lawless

9. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I use Mozzila Firefox and it is great as systems go. There are still some things that it will not open. And then I have to open up IE to get it.

What ever you are used to.

Rock

jim

10. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Get a Mac! Have had one for 18 months & never have had a problem with it, unlike the PC I had before. The Leopard O/S works flawlessly.

11. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

xp was to be dropped this spring but I dont think it will happen for some time I had vista when it first hit market. It is good , It repairs anything . It 'repaired' mine, lost everything. I sent the computer back [dell] and had old one fixed. About 7 months and old one died. I called Dell and asked If i could get a rebuilt with XP. She said that I could get a new one with XP. I said I couldnt 7 months back,Reply '' we had ALOT of problems'' so we went back to XP... Many of the up dates have the Vista look My 2 cents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.