1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Windjammer Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RAD, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAD

RAD Member

I've heard that Windjammer Wads are great for 16 yrd. because of the 8 pedals.Are they also good for hdcp. 27 yrd targets.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have used them for many years ( ever since Lage Uniwads went out of bus) I shoot a lot of games and they work for me from way way back there. I also broke 100 singles in reg shooting with them many years ago. I use a PW P2000

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I know folks who use them for everything. They're not just a short distance wad.

The only complaint I hear is the wimpy 8 wads like to fold down when you are reloading.

4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Way back when I used to load those heavy 1 oz. loads, I used the WJII yellow wads for everything. I think they are great wads, but I load on a MEC 9000 and the pedals aren't much of a concern. I pretty much use the AA Gray wad for everything now.

I have a friend that loads on a P/W and an RCBS Grand, both have a separate wad seating station that can cause pedal folding problems.

If you can load with them I don't think there is a better, more economical wad made.

IMHO,
    Kip

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

BTW, downrange makes a windjammer clone.

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Love to shoot them.. hate to load them ...

7. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

put them in a mesh bag and throw the bag in the dryer for 5 minutes. they open up and stay that way until u load them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.