1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Windjammer Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jhoward, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoward

jhoward Member

Are Windjammer wads, or the Downrange replacements for them, intended for a specific hull type or are they 'generic' in that they can be used in either straight walled or tapered hulls?

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

They perform much better in STS and A-A type hulls. Pretty loose in Feds and straight-walled hulls.

AndyH ;-)

3. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I use the WJ-II one ounce original from Longmount Colorado for Estate and Top gun hulls all the time. They have and upper seal, right below the cup which is of a larger diameter and seal well with consistent velocity. R

4. GRR

GRR TS Member

I've been using Downrange Windjammer orange 1 1/8 oz, 17gr. 700X, Wolf primer in a STS hull and it just hammers targets 16 - 25 yd line.

Purple for 1 oz works great for first shot doubles.

Downrange has excellent wads for any application. Keep up the great work Kevin.

5. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I have used Downrange Windjammer white wads for quite some time. I am not familiar with the orange Windjammer version. What is the difference between the white and the orange? Thanks,

Dale,

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Wayne of PA,

Nothing but the color.

Matt

7. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

I bought 10,000 downrange windjammer orange wads at the 2006 grand. I talked to Kevin there and he said that orange was for a promotion.I sure liked the orange but cannot find them anywhere. Rick

8. GRR

GRR TS Member

RICK (PA)

Recob's in southern Wisconsin has lots. I was told the orange replaced the white. Check with Kevin at Downrange.

9. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

GRR thank you i will check it out

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.