1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Windjammer wad load info?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Aug 28, 2013.

1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I went on line to Alliant reloader guide and to several vintage hard copies I have. I can find no data for any of the big three hulls using Windjammer 12100 which is the 1 oz wad, and promo powder. Can someone who has contacted Alliant give me a load for 1150 fps using either Win or Rem primer and 1 oz shot? I have sent an email but I know it will be a while before they respond. By the way, I can guess but I would prefer a real 1150 load using this wad. Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Wow! I already got a response! Does not matter that they were of no help! I am impressed they responded with 15 minutes. I found it interesting that they had no data for that wad?! I would think they would have date for Windjammer's 1 oz wad. Oh well, back to extrapolating! Tom Rhoads

3. EdSy

EdSy Active Member

Hi Tom: I had a conversation with a veteran trap shooter at the gun shop last evening about Windjammer wads. He could not tell me if/why their multi-petal design is desirable over the more "standard" 4-petal wads. I guessed that they may open and release the shot faster and may be useful to skeet shooters? What can you add? Thanks, Ed

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

This is the only data with Promo from Windjammers web site.

Windjammer Tournament Wads - WTW Corp - Altratek Plastics.

12-2 3/4" REM STS REM 209 PROMO 19.1 WTW WJII-12100 1 OZ. 1286 FPS.- PSI was blank.

Wayne

5. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Load Promo grain for grain with Red Dot.If the load calls for 17.5 grains of Red Dot use 17.5 grains of Promo.

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Wayne:

Are you sure the load you listed above is 1286 PSI or is it FPS?

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Good catch OldRem, that was a copy and paste. The fps is there, but nothing for the psi. I'll edit the post.

Smokintom is correct, when Alliant first came out with Promo, they said to use Red Dot data. It is more dense, so use a smaller bushing to get the same weight.

Wayne

Search tags for this page
load data for wtw 12 wad
reloading data for 1oz windjammer wads cb3100-12b

windjammer load data

windjammer reloading data
windjammer wads data

windjammer wads load data

windjammer wads reloading data

windjammer wjii 12100 loads