1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

windjammer vs jammer xl

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by marc92040, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marc92040

marc92040 Member

I've been relaoding with Windjammer tournament wads for a few years now. We recently lost the only person in SoCal that carried these. so I've been looking at the DownRange mfg. Jammer xl as a replacement. just looking for some feed back on these and how comparable they are to each other

thanks

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

Been using them for 3 years. Really like them.

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I think you'll find them to feel more slippery, I know I did.
    They really go through my MEC 9000H slick. Been using them for over 5 years now.

4. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

I love both of those wads. unfortunately they do not share the same reloading data and WILL NOT INTERCHANGE. Windjammers require more powder and produce less chamber pressure. The Jammers share the same ballistic charactoristics as AA style wads such as the WAA12L and WAA12SL. Make sure you check with the books before you start loading this wad because there will be a difference in your shells. BYG

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

On a local scale I can't get them either. I get them mail order (call in) from Recob. I've only shot the Windjammers, havn't found a reason to switch over to anything else.

If I were to switch over to the Jammer clone it would be to the orange wad they put out. Maybe only to fool a scorer on a lost target mistaken as a chip. I've seen this happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

windjammer vs jammer xl1