1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Windjammer Tournament Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pendennis, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with the Windjammer Tournament wads? Specifically, the WJII 12100A, 1 oz.

I picked up a couple of bags to try out. I noticed that they had eight petals, instead of four, and that the petals were very flexible.

Comments, emotional outbursts?

Thanks.

Best,
    Dennis

2. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Love em. got a bag off of a guy at work and loaded em with 19.5 green dot and an 1ounce. sure were hell on doves. keith

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I like them for 1oz singles, or 1st shot of doubles loads. I find that they pattern a little more open than the Remington TGT-12.

4. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

I use them with 1oz #8 over 17.1g Titewad for all my practice loads. I find them very uniform and that they do not leave much plastic residue in my barrel.

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I've used Windjammer's, both in 12 ga one oz and in 20 ga. They worked fine, and had the added advantage of being the least expensive wad available from Dawson Enterprises where I got mine. I just had to pay a little extra attention that one of the wad's eight fingers did not make it up the shot drop tube on my MEC 9000H.

6. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

OUTSTANDING WAD, I use them when I can't get Downrange wads.
    Just got in a case the other day.

7. Andy Moreland

Andy Moreland TS Member

A PITA to load in a P-W press, the petals curl all over the place because the wads are bagged hot. The curled petals often get stuck in the shot drop tube. You can take the time to run them through a clothes dryer to relax the petals but there are other wads (just as good) that don't need to be fixed before they can be used.

Andy Moreland

8. 7 straight

7 straight Member

I find them to be tigher pattern with slower burning powers in a mod choke.

9. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I've used several cases with no problems. The petals have always been moulded to full lenght unlike some of the popular wads mentioned. My first choice when I can find them. The lightest weight wad I've used so recoil should be lower.

10. rescuemn

rescuemn TS Member

I have been using the Windjammer 1 oz wad for years and love it. Very good to load and little or no plastic in the barrel. I order mine from Larrys Sporting Goods in Nampa Idaho. I ordered a case on Tuesday morning and there where here wednesday afternoon by UPS.
    Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.