1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Windjammer/handicap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I got two bags of old Windjammer Tournament Wads 12 gauge, very light blue in color. Anybody use these for handicap loads? The guy that gave them to me said he only used them for 16 yard loads. My handicap load is a Remington hull, win 209 primer, 20.2 grains Green Dot. Thanks, Wayne

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use them for everything

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Wayne..... I use Windjammers for all events. The Windjammer is a great handicap wad. My handicap load is Rem hull, Fiocchi primer, 22gr. Green Dot, FACTORY Windjammer and 11/8oz. magnum 71/2 shot. These loads absolutely crush 27 yard targets..... Just my preference.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

Anyone use Red Dot or Promo with the Jammers for handicap? If so, what is your recipie?

Thanks,
    REDD04

5. oletymer

oletymer Member

Redd04, this one works well for me. Rem hull, 18.5 grs. Promo, Fio616 with 1 1/8 oz shot with the original Windjammer.

6. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Great wad, used thousands of them.

Unless Windjammer changed the colors recently, the 1 ounce are yellow and 1 1/8 ounce, capps wads are white, not light blue. They do make a blue 20 guage wad.

Try this website http://www.rmclaysports.com/default/WINDJAMMER.html

Have I missed something?

Thanks,

Richard Luckett

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I always thought the Windjammers were for 16yd's only until I had to use them for my 23 yd caps because I forgot my usual loads. I was really happy with the results and will use them again.
    My load was STS hulls, 18.4gr Clays, Down range WJ12-RPL and 1 1/8ox of 8 1/2's. The only thing I'll change is shot size, I think 8's may be just a little better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.