1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchesters new Wildcat 22 rifle

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have more 22's than I need but this little bolt action rifle took my eye. jaqays is selling them for $175 with 1 five round mag and 3 ten round mags. Looks like pretty fair wood with checkering. Looks like a real buy to me. Anyone seen or handled one yet???

2. cubancigar2000

I did some research on reviews for this little 22. It was not so good and it is made in Russia - thats all i needed to hear. I never seen anything Russian that was worth much

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I dated a girl who was made in Russia many years ago and she was pretty nice and was made really nice ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. cubancigar2000

Ha, leave it to you WPT

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

That is an excellent price, dealer cost right now is 189.00

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I checked one out the other day at Gander Mountain. I was not impressed. Obviously a very low quality piece for sure.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My brother bought one and sold it after one range outing...we tried 6 different rounds with 3 of them very good target Ammo...very mediocre accuracy..groups at 50 were over 2 times larger than my old 10/22

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

How long until Remington/Winchester become nothing more than cheap import marketing companies?

9. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

What do you mean how long. Thats what they are now.

10. 5spd

5spd TS Member

WPT.....How could you tell under all the hair???..........:)

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I guess what business college teaches is to make the cheapest product you can and make the public think they are getting the best because of the name. Its called (LEAN).

It don't take the public long to find the difference so the second step its to sell the company because its going down the tube. You have to sell it to a foreign company because they don't fully understand the american purchaser.

The foreign Co just say take what you get or well packup and go away and leave you with nothing. Their is not many fully owned american companies left anymore. As soon a business schools learn something about business then maybe things will change. B12

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This one must of been one of the Hairless models, I probably just got lucky (no pun intended) because she was a beauty and she had a great personality also ... She went to Barber school and later became a hair stylist at the local hospital, in the surgical dept but man could she cook ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Was she also "made" in Russia?

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You are mistaken about LEAN manufacturing B12. LEAN is all about putting more quality into your product and reducing costs at the same time by eliminating wastes. It is the buisiness model that all US companies will have to start living if they are to survive. A good example of a company that is LEAN (and developed most of the program) is Toyota.

If Winchester were a LEAN company they would still be making high quality guns in the USA under their own name and the Wildcat would shoot like a M52 and be priced at about $250 with a cut checkered walnut stock.

15. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Looked one of these over at a dealer's the other day and was not impressed. I'd rather spend my money on a CZ or put a little more with it and get a Ruger 77/22. I've not found anything yet to compare with an old Savage/Anschutz sporter I picked up years ago. Still available used on some of the websites. I'm breaking in my grandson with it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.