1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WINCHESTER????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Does Winchester still make guns? I know there are new Win models but are they Winchester?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes, but Winchester is just a trademark anymore...

3. larryjk

larryjk Member

FN (Fabrique National) in Belgium has the rights to the trademark and are making most of the guns. Many are built in one of our southern states.

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

It is my understanding, (and this could be wrong,) that Browning has acquired Winchester guns. That would explain the Fabrique National connection. I bought a Winchester Select Energy Trap model last spring. It is made in the old Browning superposed factory in Leige, Belgium. I shot a Broadway Trap back in the sixties, and for all the world, when you mount this Winchester it feels much the same. In my opinion, the old superposed Broadways and Lightnings were much better looking guns than the Win Select, but I feel they shoot much the same. Martinpicker

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Browning, Winchester, FN and Miroku are all intertwined. FN makes Winchester shotguns and Browning's high end shotguns guns. Miroku makes Browning shotguns and I think the Winchester pump shotguns and Winchester rifles along with B.C. Miroku branded shotguns for the European market. FN continues to supply Europe with the FN brand. I think they're all owned by a French or Italian corp.

Regardless the whole deal is convoluted...........

Surfer

6. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Don't know if Winchester still makes guns-- but people still buy them. I bought this 1958 Winchester two days ago:

[​IMG]

7. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I recently acquired a Model 70 Extreme Weather 30/06 that was made in Morgan Utah, USA. I got it used, but I think the rifle's only a year old. Very nice rifle, all stainless, claw extractor, and Bell and Carlson stock.

8. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

I also have a Winchester Select O/U trap model that I like a lot. It was made in Belgium and imported by Browning/Winchester. Only problem is to my knowledge nobody makes release triggers for this model; at least I couldn't find any so I made my own. Now it works very well for me. Mark.

9. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

FN owns the rights and all equipment of the Winchester Company. FN owns Browning, so the connection continues. Miroku makes many of Browning's shotguns and rifles -- they are a quality product in step with tradition. It must be noted that the new Winchesters, made in the USA, are as good or better than the original constant feed Winchesters of old...

A side note: FN makes 70% of all US and NATO weapons, from rifles to MG's to shotguns to pistols. Their new SLP shotguns have started to gain a strong reputation in the military and LEO organizations as a solid and extremely fast cycling weapon under all conditions. Also their bolt Winchester copy is becoming a standard for SWAT teams and military sniper units. The .338 Lapua Magnum (military and police units ONLY) is an exceptional long-range rifle. It can easily shoot sub-MOA groups out to and beyond 500 meters. At these distances, the shooter's skill reading conditions surpasses the rifle's inherent abilities....cya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

removing extractors on winchester trap made by fn