1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester-Western 12 ga. 2 3/4 inch 2 0z. 10 shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikezookie, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

Can anyone identify this shell. Comes in yellow and red one piece box. max. load. code QW1021. Why would some one need 2 ozs of shot. Especially number 10.

Thanks
    Mike

2. notarget

notarget TS Member

2-2-10 loads were used at turkey shoots. The idea was to put a lot of pellets on the card. Did not make much difference in the results as long as everyone used the house shells.

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bet that kicked like a mule!

4. Old 68

Old 68 TS Member

That shell was very, very slow fps. Some Browning A5's would not kick out the empty hull.

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

My understanding of the old 2-2-10 load was that it was intended for pest control around barns, corn cribs, chicken coups and other farm buildings for flocks of blackbirds.

That it would be an effective card shoot load is beyond question, assuming that there was any card left.

Ed Ward

6. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

Ed,
    They would be good for blackbirds. Maybe I'll shoot them up. I have a full box.

Mike

7. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I have a factory loaded Active shell that is 2 3/4" 4 1/2 dram 1 7/8 #4. Talk about a kicker,I would not want to fire it in a lighter wt. gun

8. Claybuster INC.

Claybuster INC. TS Member

Try shooting a 3.5in 2.25 oz hevi shot load at 1200fps out of a Mossberg Tactical Turkey. If the gun didnt patern like it does, I would have sold it. Recoil is objectionable.
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.