1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester WaaLite Powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HTSmith, May 31, 2013.

1. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

I got some a couple of years ago. I works well for 7/8 oz loads especially in the AAHS hulls. The Alliant Extralight has data for a wider range of loads and costs less. I use the Alliant in Remington hulls.

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I have used it for light 1 oz loads. Clean burning. 14.6-14.8gr in AA's works well. May have dished crimps in other hulls depending upon components used.

3. wheelchair shooter

wheelchair shooter TS Member

I just purchased 8 lbs and have loaded about half of it already. I really like it. 14.5 to 14.9 grains in Nitro Gold hulls works fine. Burns clean and lite recoil. I also use the Extra Lite but mostly for 1 oz loads because I can get a little more speed with it.

Thad

4. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

Wheelchair shooter, I'm like you. I use the Alliant XLite to load really nice one ounce loads at 1150 to 1200fps--using the AALite only for 7/8 oz loads because there's no Hodgdon data (that I can find) for similar loads with AALite. Seems to me the two powders are almost exactly the same burning rate. Wonder why Hodgdon has no data for a bit faster 7/8 and 1 oz loads? Seems like there is pressure room to do it.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

HTSmith. I've noticed the data for AA Lite loads stops well short of max pressure. Perhaps the pressure rise is not linear or they feel it is too easy to get into trouble quickly.

6. HTSmith

HTSmith Active Member

Johnny, you could be right. Or it could be they don't want to cut into their Clays and Tightwad sales. Based on published data the Alliant XL works best for the range of loads I prefer. Of course right now I guess I'll have to take whatever I can find :(

7. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

john-NO smokeless powder is linear.
    Dont take my word for it, call Hodgdon. Lee

Search tags for this page

waa lite powder

waalite
waalite for trap loads

waalite powder

waalite powder loads
winchester waa lite powder review
winchester waa powder