1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Winchester Universals & Super Sports

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trail, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trail

Trail Member

I was given some Winchester Universal & Super Sport 12ga hulls. Is there any reason not to reload them using AA data?

thanks,

Trail
  2. icelander36

icelander36 TS Member

trail,

They are not the best hull to reload but they will reload and shoot. I use them for one time shooting where I may or may not be able to catch my hulls when shootin my Ithaca 51 semi auto.I use AA reloading data and have had no problems. Lyle
  3. Trail

Trail Member

I threw a few together w/ 17.3 gr Clays and CB-4100 wad (Windjammer clone). Makes a really nice looking reload. Looks a lot better than the AA’s I’ve reloaded lately....which is weird since the hulls are supposed to have the same dimensions.

Trail
  4. b12

b12 Active Member

I have reloaded them one time only. Seems alot of them would open up on the crimp while in the box. I don't reload them any more.Wild Bill
  5. bkt514

bkt514 Member

I get them free.....reload them, as well as, Gunclubs one time, and then I pitch them out. They make a nice reload, and it works for me.
  6. chipking

chipking TS Member

yep load them just like AA's.

--- Chip King ---
  7. Ross

Ross Active Member

I tried them once, really thin plastic, they sorta "bulged" at the crimp at the crimp & had to be pushed into the chamber but did shoot and eject OK. I do have excellent luck with Gun Clubs for me they load just like STS's I re-size them every time as the GCs have a steel head & some guns don't like steel heads, my gun is OK with GCs but has a tight chamber so it's necessary to re-size. Usually get 6+ re-loads (about the same as STSs). JME Ross Puls
  8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

On my PW ... they reload beautifully and look just like new shells ... the 1st time reloaded.

@nd time they reload like crap!

So I reload them once and toss them.

Gun Clubs and Top Guns are good for 2 or 3 reloads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.