1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester Universal shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slkslk, Apr 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slkslk

slkslk TS Member

Anyone ever reload the winchester universal shells? I know they probabaly were not meant to reload, but I have done some with the same componets as my winAA shells. Does anyone have any thoughts on these shells. I mean heck if ya can reload once, it's not all bad.

Steve

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Are you really that desperate for hulls? We have a few people at the club that reload Federal Top Guns, but nobody reloads Winchester Universals. You need to do some dumpster diving at your local club. All the Remington target hulls are a better choice than any other steel based hull. Mark

3. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

SLK SLK: Sure you can load them. I loaded up a few just for giggles some time back...and I know other guys who load them regularly. They work fine. If I recall, I used a AA recipe.

4. psfive

psfive Member

psfive_2008_030339.jpg
    Shot a few of them the other day and found this, the base did not eject, the hull was stuck down the barrel. Paul in GINebraska.

5. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Paul was this a reload or fresh one?

Corey

6. psfive

psfive Member

Corey

We were putting on a rock shoot for a father/son weekend at a bible camp. The shells were all new fresh out of the box. No reloads were used that day. It is just not worth the risk to use reloads with non experienced shooters. Paul in GINebraska.

7. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

slkslk if you need once fired GC's and want to pay postage, I'll send you some to keep yourself reloading. Personally I hate to see you reload such junk as that. Just PM me.

8. slkslk

slkslk TS Member

Thanks guys for the replys. I do have lots of old style winAA. I tend to get cheep sometimes and pick up shells at the range, and think I should shoot the cheepies up before shooting my good ones. The reasoning behind the madness is I hord the good ones for that just in case day that may never come when we can't get ammo.
    I sure did not like the looks of that shell that came apart. That could really be harmfull if not paying attention with a semi auto.

Steve

9. Pen25

Pen25 Member

they work fine. use the same recipe as aa. i dont like to reload more then 1 or 2 times. when i am low on gc's i will pick up a couple hundred of these until i replenish my stocks. but then again i also make sure i check the bases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester universal shells for trap