1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester sx3

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapman99, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

im thinking of buying a sx3 3 1/2 just wondering what everyones thoughts are

2. philk

philk Member

Get a Sure Cycle recoil spring kit for it.

3. sjmercer1

sjmercer1 TS Member

I recently bought my son (15 year old) one for Christmas. We (yes- I get to shoot it too!) both love it! Just came back a few weeks ago from Snow goose hunting in Southern Iowa, the gun had no problem ripping 3 1/2" shells through it! It's very light, 6.9#, and feels great coming up to your shoulder. My son loves it and it will serve him well over the next 15-20 years or longer! I would definitely recommend one!!

4. philk

philk Member

Just put one in the kids 3 1/2 Gold duck and goose gun, what an improvement. But he`s been known to take the butt stock off and poor out water, they hunt in some pretty extreme weather. Might even get one for my M1-90 after seeing how good they work even thow the HK Bennelli works 100 %.

5. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

"goose2" From what I understand about the sure cycle it is made of stainless and less likely to rust(ie:water fowling), I have heard claims of better cycling due to better quality of materials used.

6. philk

philk Member

Exactly, and no lube, on the spring and plunger, needed. Part of the problem was my kids poor gun cleaning habits. But a nice product just the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.