1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester sx3?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duke76, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke76

duke76 Member

I have a friend that is looking at one of these, anyone have any experience or suggestions about these, I dont know much about these and what is a fair price for one? Thanks in advance, Todd

2. duke76

duke76 Member

It is probably going to be his field gun and shoot trap or sporting clays occasionally, he is just starting out in this sport and wanted something that will work for both hunting and trap I realize it is not the most ideal situation but it is a start, Todd

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The SX2 and 3 have fairly high ribs. An adjustible comb would be a desired add, so I would get one with wood instaed of plastic. I don't think there is a shell catcher available.

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

Looked at one in Richmond, Va yesterday.... 995.00 for synthetic, 1100.00 with wood.

5. sjmercer1

sjmercer1 TS Member

My 15 year old son just got one for Christmas. I(Santa Claus)had a hard time finding one because my son wanted one that took the 3.5" shells for goose and turkey hunting. I paid $1015 + tax for the black synthetic 28" barrel version. I did find two of the 3" models at Gander Mt. for $899.00.
    My son has shot only 2 boxes of shells through it so far, and I got to shoot a few times also! The gun is really light and handles well. Needless to say my son loves it and can't wait for some decent weather so we can go put a few more rounds through it.
    These are made by Browning also.
    Good luck on your search.
    Steve

6. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

SX3 is a nice gun. Light and fast. Know a guy who shot one in Argentina over Dove for 3 days Dove and never had a hiccup with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.