1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester SX3 Sporting issues

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by YOTESLAYER, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I have shot about 1250 rounds through this gun, and a friend of mine shot 1500 through his and both guns have broken extractor pins. Has anyone else seen this and how many round approx. did it take to break. When I called winchester they said they have not seen this but I know of two of these guns I have witnessed do it. They are sending replacement parts but I dont want this to be an ongoing problem every 1500 rounds. The field model doesnt even have an extractor pin, so im curious why the sporting model does.Thanks

Ryan Meier

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did you ask Winnie?

3. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

Did I ask them if it was going to be an on-going thing? Yes and they said they havnt heard of this happening at all. So im looking to see if my friend and I just so happened to get the only two bad ones made or if anyone else has had this issue. If anyone else has seen this I may just have to call Winchester back and try to get them to look into this problem.

Ryan Meier

4. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

So apparently there are not alot of people shooting this gun? Or my friend and I are the only ones having problems, so i guess no news is good news???

5. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hey Ryan,

Most if not all gun companies instruct their customer service people to say they have never heard of a particular reoccuring problem. That is just the nature of corporations today. I personally worked for a major manufactor as a technical advisor and recieved such instructions. They will never admit to the general public when they have a problem. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your gun.

Hit 'em hard,

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
winchester sx3 extractor broken
winchester sx3 pattern issues
winchester sx3 problems

winchester sx3 sporting problems

winchester sx3 sporting trap