1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester SX3 Sporting clays auto

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kgun_shooter, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

I've been looking at one of these guns to use on my weekend adventures shooting sporting clays. From the pics I've seen they look like they are well built guns. Has anyone here had any experience with them?

Thanks in advance

2. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

I own the Winchester SX3 Sporting Clays adjustable, and had to send it back to the factory 3 times for shell feeding problems. After all those headaches were resolved the gun is a very nice shooter. Beware of the possibilties of mechanical problems with this gun. hopefully im the exception not the rule.

gook luck jim

3. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Hey Jim,

Was the service from Winchester good? Did they fix it for you in a timely manner?

4. trapman99

trapman99 TS Member

Yeah I guess you could say that. I did find it very frustrating having to send the gun in 3 times for the same problem, but eventually they got the problem fixed and now it shoots fine.

5. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

I've run over 500 rounds through mine with nary a hiccup! Ain't cleaned it either since the initial "wipe down" when it was new. Only problem I have with it is the grip angle is too "horizontal" for me, making it difficult to get my finger on the trigger properly. Probably gonna sell it rather than having it re-stocked if anybody is interested.

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
sx3 for clay shooting
sx3 winchester trap reviews
winchester sx3 for sporting clays
winchester sx3 sporting adjustable
winchester sx3 sporting clay version reviews

winchester sx3 sporting clays

winchester sx3 sporting clays review

winchester sx3 sporting problems