1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester SX-3

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Is anyone using the SX-3 made by Winchester for their Trap Gun?

2. dss8110

dss8110 Member

I use it for skeet,5stand and sporting clays.32" barrel

3. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I have a 30" SX-3, I really liked it and for the cost you really cant go wrong. Very light recoiling gun as well. I use mine for a backup gun now. The only problem I have seen with them is the extractor pin breaks at 1250-1750 rounds. Mine and a good friends both did it after about 1500 rounds of average trap loads. After Winchester sent me a new one I have shot about 3000 more rounds through it without any problems.

4. Rem29

Rem29 Member

I own and shoot the SX-3 Sporting. I keep my gear clean and fine tuned but found after a couple of flats of #7 Steel target loads, the gun refused to cycle properly. I called Winchester and they said the gun was designed for 1 1/8 oz loads. Well we shoot 1 oz loads and I was quite peeved at this "news flash". Long story made short, Winchester has a clays option piston for the SX-3. Once I acquired and installed it, the gun has been nothing but AMAZING! I highly recommend the SX-3 Sporting for any clay busting activity. The gun is precisely balanced, light, fast to swing, blazingly quick on cycling, and shoulder friendly.

Gary

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

My SX-3 owners manual states the 3.5" gun will cycle 1 1/8 oz
    loads. Mine will some of the time...

6. Rem29

Rem29 Member

If you only shoot 1 1/8 oz, the factory should fix it no charge. If you shoot 1 oz loads a lot then get the clays piston.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.