1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Winchester SX 1 Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JPM, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPM

JPM Member

I've been led to believe that the Stage One triggers were phased out and replaced by the Stage Three triggers at around serial number 54000 or sometime in that general vicinity. I've also been led to believe that there was no such thing as a Stage Two trigger. Can any of you SX 1 experts verify or repudiate that information? Also, does anyone know at what serial number the barrels were changed from the pinned rib to the soldered rib? Thanks, in advance.

John Matthews

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My understanding, only what "We" call a stage one and a stage three. I don't believe Winchester ever called them anything....

3. Stuart

Stuart Member

After the stage two came out a revision to the was made causing both the sear and trigger to be changed. If you have any extra first generation triggers I will by some.
    Stu Wright

xxwrightsinc@gmail.com

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

There you go......the final word from the true Super-X Expert.

Mark

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Mark, what was the final word.

3 triggers?, or just a revision of the trigger and sear that created what we call the stage three.

6. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

A design/build change was made in going to a single hammer spring (141SX1) in lieu of two springs - - an on-the-fly change . The change to "3rdStage" trigger was cost driven as production of the adjustable features (which also was somewhat more prone to failure of the sear/trigger) was more expensive .

There also seems to be some disagreement as to the amount of creep "allowed" in the conversions of earlier triggers to use smoothe-faced triggers .Early triggers can be just as "nice" as late production and late run triggers can be just as nice a paper-weight .

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.