1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

winchester superx gold scroll trap 98%whats worth

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Racerx, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Racerx

Racerx Member

I was looking at a super x 1 trap with gold scrolling that was 98% ... wasnt a early gun or a late gun with choke tubes... no box.Ive looked on gun broker.. guns american and just didnt see them going for big bucks...So whats it worth?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Gotta have pictures!!!

3. Racerx

Racerx Member

no but very nice gun.. just wanted a value.. he wanted $1000-$1050 thought it was li high for what ive seen.

4. BigM-Perazzi

No way of telling without specifics.

5. Racerx

Racerx Member

well ive seen others in the box for $800 range for choked superx 1's so.... what do you guys think?

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Ajax.....breakemall

7. shaggist

shaggist Member

I've never seen one from the factory that had gold scrolling. There are some DU models with a gold medallion, and a few that had special order engraving with gold wildlife. And none came with removable choke tubes. This gun sounds as if it has be modified from original factory specifications, but, without pictures, there is no way to identify what it is.
    Jack

8. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I paid $450 for a 98% skeet gun a couple of years ago. Bill Malcolm

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Brownells make a gold kit, you can make all of the scroll etc gold if you want ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Racerx

Racerx Member

I never said it was a choke tube gun..full choke trap.. maybe it was a gold kit that was done on this?

11. BigM-Perazzi

A pics worth a 1000 words.

12. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Sounds like somebody bought a bonanza gold kit and filled the "engraving" on it.

13. BigM-Perazzi

That's what I'm thinking..

if so, $650 at best...

14. Racerx

Racerx Member

thanks guys.. glad i didnt pull the trigger on it:)

15. Full N. Fuller

Full N. Fuller Member

Some of these guns have killer wood. That could push the value up to $1,000.

Several years ago these guns were going for $1,000 MINIMUM. I have gotten a couple in the $600 - $700 range off the Internet this past year but those deals seem to drying up. There seems to be sort of an epidemic of people getting turned on to them. Tell them to buy A400's or something. :)

16. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

Steve, I'll post a picture so all can see what you missed out on. This picture is actually a picture of the receiver that is on the internet, so the gold is NOT just on my gun. Maybe the SX1 experts can chime in on this. The only reason I listed the gun as 98% is because the butt pad had been updated/replaced, otherwise the gun is 99+%. I will upload actual pictures tomorrow when I bring my camera home. Bet someone out there will be interested in this for $1,150.

17. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

buckshot57_2010_1601.jpg
    This picture is NOT actual gun. Just a picture from the internet that shows the gold. After this picture, the rest are of the actual gun.

18. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

19. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Certainly not a 99% gun. Perhaps in the 94% range. The gold paint is nothing special. You buy the kit from Brownells and do-it-yourself. It is not factory and does not add any value to the Super X. For most it would de-value the gun. I personally would scrub the scroll work with acetone before trying to seriously sell the gun. It is an early serial Super X with a Stage One trigger. The rib will most likely have the undesireable screw at the end. The wood is nothing special and does not show much or any fancy grain. Also has an aftermarket non-original recoil pad, and the grip cap has been removed. The original target forend is gone and a field grade forend has been put in its place. From the looks of the bolt release button it appears to have been shot a lot, so at the least, the mag tube will most likely need to be replaced along with the bolt buffer. That is all I can tell from looking at the pictures. There are better examples to be had, I would personally pass on this one at anything over $450.00, including shipping and FFL transfer.

20. sharhope

sharhope Member

Right on lwr recently bough a trap gun with an extra modified plain barrel needed buffer etc for 275 dollars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.